Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam

Started by steve58, May 30, 2012, 09:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

...coming mid to late June.  Sounds interesting.  June is turning into a good month for us gamers  :D

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?610568-1.06-Information-amp-First-Expansion&p=13886096#post13886096

"The 1.06 update is now nearing completion, and it is now in QA. We aim to release it in mid to late june, with an exact date to be confirmed soon, and at the same time release our first expansion, the Sword of Islam, with a suggested price of 9.99€.

The patch will include lots of new features for free, including expansion of the map into Mali-Songhay, differentiation on strong and weak claims, new plot, expanded combat, and other features to be announced later.

Sword of Islam will enable playable Muslims, with lots of specific new mechanics for the muslims, creating a whole new experience for the player, where laws, marriage, holdings, traits, titles and more work entirely different."
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

^Now that has my attention. Sounds great. Sounds like it will need the original game to play.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

eyebiter

Gusington

^It would make for a much better game if they did.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Once you start playing offending other potentates will probably be part of the fun.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

son_of_montfort

Quote from: eyebiter on May 30, 2012, 10:24:37 AM
Those Swedes better be careful not to "offend" followers of the "religion of peace."

Psssh... The Islamic empires of the Middle Ages has a fairly positive track record of being progressive, culturally advanced, technologically savvy, and tolerant. If that offends anyone, they need to examine their own history.

No need to politicize this. There are copious amounts of records kept by the Muslim empires and numerous first-hand accounts by writers. It is, largely, what it is.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

son_of_montfort

Being a complete idiot, I accidentally bought the Steam version of the Ruler Designer DLC.

Would anyone like it? You MUST have a Steam copy of CKII.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

steve58

Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 30, 2012, 03:42:46 PM
Being a complete idiot, I accidentally bought the Steam version of the Ruler Designer DLC.

Would anyone like it? You MUST have a Steam copy of CKII.

SoM - If no one else is interested, please PM me.  I got my copy of CK2 from Gamestop, but it activated on Steam, does that count as a Steam version?  I've got a couple of unused serial #s on Gamersgate, maybe we could make a trade?  Thx...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

TheCommandTent

I think I am going to have to get this.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 30, 2012, 02:58:20 PM
Quote from: eyebiter on May 30, 2012, 10:24:37 AM
Those Swedes better be careful not to "offend" followers of the "religion of peace."

Psssh... The Islamic empires of the Middle Ages has a fairly positive track record of being progressive, culturally advanced, technologically savvy, and tolerant. If that offends anyone, they need to examine their own history.

No need to politicize this. There are copious amounts of records kept by the Muslim empires and numerous first-hand accounts by writers. It is, largely, what it is.

Not a political comment, just the Gadfly in me:
The Islamic culture in the middle ages was indeed ahead of the west in  so many ways. The issue is that the the Sharia Caliphate advocated by the current political exteremists not only runs counter to most modern ideals but it even runs counter to those benchmarks in multiculturalism set by the more notable Islamic Empires of old.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Martok

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 30, 2012, 07:08:37 PM
Same here.  Whenever I get around to picking up CK2, getting Sword of Islam will be a must-have for me. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Martok on May 30, 2012, 09:37:56 PM
Same here.  Whenever I get around to picking up CK2, getting Sword of Islam will be a must-have for me.

You don't have CK2? tsk tsk tsk...   :P
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

^Me neither. I am sort of medieval-ed out after played MTW2 to death over the last 5-6 years. But this expansion will be the reason I get it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 31, 2012, 08:15:08 AM
Quote from: Martok on May 30, 2012, 09:37:56 PM

You don't have CK2? tsk tsk tsk...   :P
I know, I know!  I've mostly been waiting for a couple reasons. 

1.)  I've had it drilled into my head for so long that you wait at least a year before picking up a Paradox game, that -- despite most gamers asserting Crusader Kings 2 has been reasonably stable and polished since release -- I've been holding off on purchasing it out of sheer reflex.  (I definitely can't say I've been holding off because of the Steam requirement, since the GamersGate version doesn't use it.) 

2.)  Bearing in mind all the DLC and/or expansion packs that are sure to still appear for this game, it's (again) something of a force of habit for me to wait until a bundled version is available.  It's probably just the anal-retentive neurotic in me, but I really hate purchasing multiple separate add-ons for a game -- such as what I did with Paradox's EU3.  For as good as CK2 reputedly already is, I know it's probably foolish for me to wait for a bundle of some sort, but I'm just stupid that way... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

TheCommandTent

^I am usually the same way with most games.  I wait till they are patched several times or have a good deal.  Unfortunately then I miss out on all the discussions about the games right after they come out.  By the time I want to discuss a game its old news to everybody :)