Main Menu

Bitcoin Mining

Started by Staggerwing, June 04, 2016, 03:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nobodyjune61944

My generic, very broad, minimum cost stock index funds are up 10.21% (international index) to 20.6% (high dividend yield stock index) for the year.  My total US stock index fund is up 13.7% for the year as a comparison for the other high and low index stock funds.

None of this is special in any way.  If you were in any super low cost, very broadly diversified stock fund you should have returns close to this.

I'm sure this won't last.  Actual monthly US and world inflation numbers are horrible and I fear that inflationary expectations are getting built in like the last time we had a US President determined to spend our way to prosperity (Lyndon Johnson).  Hope I'm wrong.

ArizonaTank

For those who want to know more about cryptocurrency from a financial (not technical point) of view, I recommend MIT's Open Courseware (free online courses).

https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/sloan-school-of-management/15-s12-blockchain-and-money-fall-2018/

lectures are at:  https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/sloan-school-of-management/15-s12-blockchain-and-money-fall-2018/video-lectures/

The course has a very good overview of blockchain and cryptocurrency including issues. It is not a course on how to invest however.  More about the fundamental foundations of crypto.

You can't beat the price (free). The course is a little dated however (Fall 2018).

The best thing about it is that MIT is not trying to sell you anything with the course.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

steve58

El Salvador Government to Mine Bitcoin with Volcanic Energy

Bukele appears to be going all-in on Bitcoin. Earlier this week, El Salvador became the first country in the world to consider the cryptocurrency legal tender because his proposal was approved by 62 of the country's 84 members of Congress. He also said El Salvador would offer citizenship to anyone who owns more than 3 bitcoin.

Is that like the entrance fee to that wonderful paradise that is El Salvador??  :idiot2:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Ukraine busts 3,800 PlayStation and 5,000 computer crypto mining farm.

Now that is was a crypto mining op!

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

TonyKlurk31

The popularity of cryptocurrencies is growing by the hour. I have such a machine at home, and the extra money it brings in never hurts. The main thing is to buy good farms to earn really good money, but they are very expensive now, so not many people dare to mine bitcoin. I recently found a good article about 16 easy ways to get free cryptocurrency. Making free money may seem too good to be true, but smart consumers know that there are plenty of opportunities. but when searching for free cryptocurrency, be careful about disclosing any confidential personal information

Toonces

You know, I've watched documentaries, read articles, etc. and while I get the gist of bitcoins or digital currency or whatever, I don't really understand it.

Same with NFTs.

I'm just getting too old, man.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs