Main Menu

Tribes Ascend

Started by Tpek, June 27, 2012, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Turns out it has now been released via Steam.
It's F2P with a 20$ (currently 50% off) starter package.

By the same guys that made Global Agenda.

Will be interesting to see how they remade these old classics. :)

Kushan

I installed it a few week ago. It definitely brings back some of the good memories I have of Tribes 2, which is one of the first PC games I ever played. It has the classic tribes feel, fast paced action with jetpacks playing a central role. The game is really balanced around skiing down hills then launching yourself into the air. Vehicles play a really minor roll in most matches that I've played, with only a few being used. From what I've seen every item can be unlocked just by playing the game and using experience points. I see unlocking items by paying real money more as a convenience rather then a requirement. I haven't used the store to buy anything yet. But since the PC version of Skyrim won't be getting the new DLC for at least another month I'll probably spend some of my limited gaming budget on some items in the near future.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

GJK

This thing is a piece of junk.  I downloading the game via STEAM and went to create an account.  It sat and spun on "Registering" for 30 minutes.  I finally hit the "What is my username" and it sent me an email.  I try to log in and it says "Login credentials incorrect".  I go to recover my password, it emails me a new temporary one.  I try to log in with it and I get the same error message.  This was with the "Play for free" version download.  I wouldn't put in my credit card information into their piece of crap server if my life depended upon it.  Shame too, I loved Tribes 1 and 2 and was looking forward to giving this one a spin.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Tpek

Quote from: GJK on June 28, 2012, 07:34:03 PM
This thing is a piece of junk.  I downloading the game via STEAM and went to create an account.  It sat and spun on "Registering" for 30 minutes.  I finally hit the "What is my username" and it sent me an email.  I try to log in and it says "Login credentials incorrect".  I go to recover my password, it emails me a new temporary one.  I try to log in with it and I get the same error message.  This was with the "Play for free" version download.  I wouldn't put in my credit card information into their piece of crap server if my life depended upon it.  Shame too, I loved Tribes 1 and 2 and was looking forward to giving this one a spin.

Have you tried registering/Login-in through their website?