Main Menu

Just got a PS4

Started by JudgeDredd, August 21, 2017, 08:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Nope, only play Fifa casually but not Madden nor NHL.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

I just bought Madden 18 and played it over the weekend.

That game has got deep. The training options themselves are huge, nevermind the RPG element of your players and coach.

I have to be honest, I don't play the defensive game. One thing I always found tricky was playing defence. So I play that option for offence only - a god send for me. As the Broncos I'm 4 and 0 - playing on Rookie mind you  O0 - for my first season. As this game goes on, I may well start delving into the defence...but there's so much to take in. The offence practices are trying to give you information on when to play what and why - and there's sooooo much involved. Not to mention learning the various moves that your controlling player can implement.

The defensive side is simply going to add to that mental burden. So I'll stay away for a while. I'm kind of happy at the moment letting the AI play my defence for me.

The game is just huge.
Alba gu' brath

jamus34

I just grabbed a PS4 myself. I have madden, Persona 5 and Horizon:Zero Dawn.

Not sure what else I may get but that's a helluva lot of gaming for me.  Persona 5 is probably the best of the series so far. Characters aren't as good as 4 but the gameplay is a lot tighter.
Insert witty comment here.

Huw the Poo

I got a PS4 last year as well.  I'm extremely happy with it, it's such a good console.  The whole experience is fantastic, although I will say the online store is a bit lacking; why no wishlist?  Why no gifting?  And so on.  But that's pretty minor.

The graphical capabilities are absolutely stunning.  I laugh whenever I see someone criticise the graphics of a new game - even "crap" graphics on a modern PS4 game are usually gorgeous.  It's more than enough for me, anyway.

Of all the games I've bought over the last year, the one I've been playing the most is Diablo 3 which I already had on the Xbox 360. :/  My boy has just got into it though, and my lady has always enjoyed playing it with me.  I guess I'll be getting a third controller soon so we can all play together.

Oh yeah, and my daughter plays The Sims 4 exclusively on it, despite my getting the super-duper-fabulous (not to mention expensive) limited edition of Persona 5 for her last year.  So yeah, we have a top of the line console, and it's used to play Diablo 3 and The Sims 4!

jamus34

I went on a little bit of a shopping spree the past couple of weeks...

Grabbed Disgaea 5, Bloodborne, and Monster Hunter World.

Don't have much time into any of them but will start putting it in once I finish Xenoblade Chronicals 2 on the Switch.

Huw the Poo

How did you find Horizon: Zero Dawn?  I love everything about it except the combat, I just don't "get" it at all.  Whenever I'm knee-deep in a pack of robots they just stun-lock me into oblivion.  It's so frustrating because I absolutely love the game otherwise.

Shout out to Nier: Automata by the way - a genuine masterpiece in my opinion!

jamus34

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 18, 2018, 06:58:16 PM
How did you find Horizon: Zero Dawn?  I love everything about it except the combat, I just don't "get" it at all.  Whenever I'm knee-deep in a pack of robots they just stun-lock me into oblivion.  It's so frustrating because I absolutely love the game otherwise.

Shout out to Nier: Automata by the way - a genuine masterpiece in my opinion!

I have Neir Automata on the PC. I concur. So far I'm ok on Horizon's combat. Not sure what your doing but I usually try to avoid pulling too much aggro. If i do I run. Being stealthy and using terrain is imperative too.

Huw the Poo

Perhaps that's where I'm going wrong; drawing too much agro.  Aren't you supposed to play it like you're a killing machine then?  Because that's how I was trying to do it.

jamus34

Well it's not a full on stealth game but you also can't BJ Blazkowicz it either.

Typically I try to stealth to a good position, set some traps, and then aim with my best elemental arrow against target's weakness.

If I'm lucky I only aggro the machine i hit and can potential kill with arrows. If I am unlucky but only have the target aggro'd then I run to a trap and then turn and stabby stab. If it goes tits up I RLH and fight some weaker mobs to get parts back.

Huw the Poo

Hmm OK, I'll give that a try next time I fire it up.  Thanks mate.

jamus34

So I've quickly gotten hooked on Monster Hunter World. It's time consuming and the action component is strong but man is it fun. It also has a frustration factor but typically if you are getting beat you are undergeared so the solution is pretty straightforward.

Huw the Poo

I quite fancy Monster Hunter World, but currently all of my playtime is dedicated to Warframe and The Division.  It's probably next on my list though.

jamus34

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 06, 2018, 11:43:28 AM
I quite fancy Monster Hunter World, but currently all of my playtime is dedicated to Warframe and The Division.  It's probably next on my list though.

Let me know if you get into it; maybe we can run some hunts.

Yskonyn

Add me as well guys! Would love to get some Hunting !  O0
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

I'd love to group with y'all when I do get it, but it will probably be a while yet.  I'm nowhere near level 30 in The Division, and I'll be playing Warframe for months most likely. :)