Old World from Soren Johnson

Started by RedArgo, April 14, 2020, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on May 23, 2022, 09:14:11 PM
Ok, in the final phases of the last tutorial and my scout keeps getting discovered by the Romans - anyone have any suggestions?

Gus you have to finish each turn with your scout in woods. Scouts can never be seen in woods. What it means in practice is scooting  (as opposed to scouting ;)) around at the beginning of your turns looking for the Romans and with your final action with your scout sending him into some woods. If you find you cant reach woods then use a "forced march" extra turn by spending training points to get you back into cover.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Hmm ok I did that - and found not the Roman army but farms and such. Do I just leave the scout in the woods and not move him once I find the Romans?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

The Roman army is amongst a load of tents virtually due west of your position around the centre of the map....they have a city and farms and stuff further south so you may just have found that.

Gusington

Ah ok yes I did find the very furthest reaches of those farms, etc. So I'm just supposed to send the scout to patrol around them, in the tree cover? I think I went to close to them and lost my cover, multiple times :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2022, 07:41:48 AM
Ah ok yes I did find the very furthest reaches of those farms, etc. So I'm just supposed to send the scout to patrol around them, in the tree cover? I think I went to close to them and lost my cover, multiple times :/

Yes exactly that Gus. Keep skirting the Roman territory with your scout to the north of the farms you found and you should find the bath dwellers ;). Be aware if you take too long the Romans can expand north blocking off access for your scout.

My Egyptians are now in second place just behind the bloody Romans again and  I now have a 10 year old on the throne as the habitual inbreeding of the Egyptian royalty appears to be doing nothing for their robust health qualities  ::)
Egypt has fought off a couple of tribal invasions but has been playing a game of three dimensional diplomatic chess to avoid being stomped by the superior Roman military.

I am finding my training point and civics generation to be sub par which is hamstringing the Egyptian military a bit. Still, turn 62 and we are still in it !

Gusington

Bath dwellers?! And also I did not know I could be cut off - so I cannot just sit in the woods and wait either.

Thanks devon!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Took long enough for my peeps to arrive...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

And...finally...my scout has succeeded  :bd:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Top job Gus. Now make sure you get the highlighted hexes filled up with your army as you move it forward....then you get a prompt to attack the Romans ....just move a unit onto Roman territory and you get asked if you want to declare war. Soon as you say yes the turn continues and you can attack in the same turn you declare so make sure you are fully in position before you go....Then the fun starts ..... Enjoy !

Gusington

Nice. I actually used combat units like chariots and slingers to 'carve a path' safely for my scout to jump amidst the trees and find the Romans. Not sure if the developers planned for players to do that or if it is a nerf. Either way I can't wait to wrap up this final part and start a true game.

Where are you in your game?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I'm also in the middle of the 5th tutorial.  I finally found a path for my scout to discover the whereabouts of the Roman army.  Interestingly I didn't carve a path but was able to sneak my scout around.

I also got an event that said my wife died and believe it or not the first thing I did was to try to find another wife for the king.  The only option I saw though was to either marry the Roman queen, as the Roman king also died recently, or marry some fugly dame that was part of my cabinet. 

The other thing I like doing is marrying my sons to the prettiest girl I can find regardless of how bad or good her traits are.  I'm so shallow!  LOL
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Every time I attempted to sneak I was caught :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Me too until I realized that as long as you have the sufficient number of movement points it's ok for your scout to be out in the open.  You just have to make sure you end your turn in the woods somewhere. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Yeah I finally grasped that - after using combat units for 'cover.'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2022, 07:11:53 AM
Nice. I actually used combat units like chariots and slingers to 'carve a path' safely for my scout to jump amidst the trees and find the Romans. Not sure if the developers planned for players to do that or if it is a nerf. Either way I can't wait to wrap up this final part and start a true game.

Where are you in your game?

Good to see your ingenuity got you there !

I am at turn 92 and have slipped to 3rd on 19 points behind the Romans and Persians on 22. I have the Greeks and Persians between me and the Romans in the south and my ambassador managed to get the Ronans into a 40 year truce after they declared on me before their Legions got to me. Nice job.

I am about to complete another ambition so that will be 4 so that may give me another point or two. Its a close game !