After Action Reports > Digital Gaming AARs

Gulf War 1990: Iraq Attack!

(1/2) > >>

MengJiao:

In this scenario, I'm trying to take over a big Chunk of Saudi Arabia to go with my seizure of Kuwait.  Things start off well:

MengJiao:

--- Quote from: MengJiao on May 21, 2020, 04:35:33 PM ---
   In this scenario, I'm trying to take over a big Chunk of Saudi Arabia to go with my seizure of Kuwait.  Things start off well:

--- End quote ---

And the Iraqis go a long way in 8 weeks:

Gusington:
Is this a Wars Across the World scenario?

JasonPratt:
Yep!

Did I just buy the engine and both Seasons for about $43 total? .... maybe. (The steam purchase doesn't seem to have gone through correctly.)

MengJiao:

--- Quote from: Gusington on May 22, 2020, 08:45:54 AM ---Is this a Wars Across the World scenario?

--- End quote ---

Yep.  The cards can play some odd tricks.  On Turn 11...with Iraq about to take Doha...the "Release Western Hostages" card came up and the UN decided to bomb Iraq into the Stone Age (as they say...presumably just to the vaguely metallic edge of the Neolithic, but you never know).  The B-52s appeared over Baghadad and the world came to an end.  The game froze.  I "re-engineered" the cards and re-ran the game from the last pre-hostage release phase and the only card that appeared was "Plague"...with a lot of fine print.  The game worked but there were no more cards (due, I guess, to the "Plague") and of course Iraq took the whole map.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version