Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis > Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming

Twilight 2000 - New Edition On KS

(1/3) > >>

Nefaro:
A new edition of Twilight: 2000 rpg is now on KS.  From Free League.   <:-)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/twilight-2000-roleplaying-in-the-wwiii-that-never-was/description

Silent Disapproval Robot:
Iíve got their Aliens RPG.  Canít say Iím a fan of the system.  Too light in detail.  I need more crunch!

Nefaro:

--- Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 12, 2020, 09:40:55 AM ---Iíve got their Aliens RPG.  Canít say Iím a fan of the system.  Too light in detail.  I need more crunch!

--- End quote ---

Says they're adding more crunch and, of course, more equipment for this one.   The core mechanic looks rather different than their other Year Zero stuff.  There has also been a lifepath character creation system included.

I'm sure it still won't be as heavy as the previous editions of T2000.  I'm okay with that as long as it keeps much of the focus.  I've not been a big fan of hordes of DRMs lately, anyway.

Dammit Carl!:

--- Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 12, 2020, 09:40:55 AM ---Iíve got their Aliens RPG.  Canít say Iím a fan of the system.  Too light in detail.  I need more crunch!

--- End quote ---

1st edition / 2nd edition / 2.2 edition from GDW is your route to complexity!

Or, as always, scab the setting, whip out the GURPS, and apply thusly.  Plus side to this approach is you can then go hog-ass-wild adding anything from magic to robots to the game if you wish.

Silent Disapproval Robot:
I had first edition back in the day.  We played it off an on but it wasn't the biggest hit with my group at the time.  We all preferred Delta Force from Task Force Games. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version