IL-2 Sturmovik: Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka

Started by Zulu1966, November 20, 2020, 12:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on November 22, 2021, 05:07:04 PM
I have just learnt what the small orange symbol means next to a lot of my controls. If you hover over it, it tells you what controls are conflicting. I have a lot of conflicts to fix in my tank controls. They seem to overlap a lot with aircraft controls. But the ones that really matter when they are conflicting are the general controls like camera ones I think.

Aha, I guess that's what it is.  It wasn't an issue pre VR as I used my HOTAS less with the tanks. 

That's going to be a touch of a pickle but the Virpil has enough buttons I should be able to get it where there's no conflicts.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 22, 2021, 01:50:59 AM
Did my first run with Tank Crew in VR now that my prescription lenses are in. 

Man, it's almost even more impressive than flying. 

Sadly though, I'm having a lot of problems getting TC to accept my mapped controls for my Virpil setup.  Very odd and it's made it impossible for me to really dig into it. 

Anyone else have TC not talking Joystick input?  Never was a problem with my older sticks.

I just swapped to turret control via joystick. You need to find the option to swap tank control from mouse to joystick under input controls... then go to your key mappings and add Joystick 1 or 0 manually.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on November 22, 2021, 05:43:14 PM

I just swapped to turret control via joystick. You need to find the option to swap tank control from mouse to joystick under input controls... then go to your key mappings and add Joystick 1 or 0 manually.

Yeah, I did that as well and it had no issues.  It's the throttle I was getting problems with.  I'm using it to control positions/hatches/views and they're not working.  After work I'm going to get in there non-VR and futz with it until it works. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Good stuff. It's why I love clickable cockpits, which this does not have.

Destraex

The following vehicles have been announced as new pre-orders for il2..... I like them. Although a Churchill is going to be walking speeds all the way across the front in multiplayer...

- Churchill Mk.IV Heavy Tank
- StuG III Ausf.G Mobile Assault Gun

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/75629-announcing-the-churchill-mkiv-tank-stug-iii-ausfg-mobile-assault-gun-and-iar-8081-pre-orders/

Now we need to discuss Churchills and their 6pdr gun killing Tiger and Panthers.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Yep. STug is one of my all time favourite armoured vehicles but so is the Churchill. I think the Churchill is a bit of an unsung hero actually.

Gusington

^Me too with the StuG. I want to learn more about the Churchill. I didn't realize it served for that many years after WWII was over.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DetCord

Quote from: Gusington on December 01, 2021, 08:27:13 PM
^The StuG will get me to take the plunge here.

It's tempting, but if you're the type of player looking for SP related content then I'd suggest avoiding it at all costs.

But if MP is your thing then I'd say go for it, like ASAP. Just be aware that the IL-2 devs have no intention of providing any further single-player content for the TC addon outside that of demo missions. 

Destraex

Quote from: Gusington on December 04, 2021, 08:08:29 PM
:D

True. You will be relying on community made missions from the mission maker or community servers. Some community servers are coop.

SGN_Neun hosts a tanks coop server but it's locked I think because he wants some decent peeps in there that will role play a bit I guess.  THey do missions every Sunday in tanks with missions he has made and hosted. There is another server (or two) that do some pretty good tank missions, short and sweet.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/75425-combined-arms-missions/

Here are the tank missions that the community has made:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/135-missions-and-campaigns/

Gusington

Dammit. Thanks. How long until there is SP content worth playing?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2021, 09:14:40 AM
Dammit. Thanks. How long until there is SP content worth playing?

From all indications I've seen there won't be any from the developers. 

The devs purpose for TC is to enhance the MP battlefield.   Anything that's coming SP is going to come from the community in the form of mods, and there are good ones out there. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd