Main Menu

Galactic Ruler

Started by Jarhead0331, January 16, 2021, 09:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: KR777 on August 07, 2022, 08:08:40 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 22, 2022, 12:03:22 PM
This announcement took me a little by surprise. Not sure it is entirely ready for prime time.  I inquired about a post-release roadmap and they don't seem to have one yet.
I had a relatively lenghty discussion with Chris on the steam announcement thread for the release date and... I quoted your steam review O:-) in order to persuade him to postpone release until steam review prove better quality. I also don't think it looks up to snuff to be honest. But he basically said that he's got xyz years of industry experience and thinks it's the right time. Well, I'm not seeing a lot of new reviews coming in on it and personally would be more than just wary to buy a game that has only 50% review score. Well, I sure hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for pointing out the discussion. Chris has an answer for everything. While polite and seemingly receptive, I think it is obvious that the folks at Battlegoat are kind of set in their ways and locked into the same general philosophy and systems that run through all of the "Ruler" games. For better or for worse, if anything, they are certainly consistent.  They do support their games for years, so I have no doubt that they will continue to make certain improvements to GR, but I have little confidence that these improvements will be anything more than bug fixes and minor improvements. I don't see much changing in any dramatic or truly meaningful sense. It's shame because a game that includes seamless transactions from space to planetary level with development and combat in both is like my dream game. Sadly, I think this one is ultimately going to fall very short, particularly once it is a commercial failure, which it is almost certain to be.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

I ended up removing this from my Steam wishlist.  There are (at the time of this writing) no new videos (from gamers) showcasing the game.

Upon closer examination I feel that as this is a realtime game I'll become overloaded with managing everything.  Intricate games like this seem to work better as TBS, at least for me. 
The one YouTuber who has done quite a few videos during the EA of this game has got a lot of gameplay time showing off the game.  However his gameplays seem to strike me as someone who knows what to do, revels in showing that off, but doesn't really explain or show anything game mechanics wise. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk