Main Menu

Polk Salad Friday

Started by Tripoli, October 08, 2021, 11:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

BoC work, some more gaming on my Flashpoint Campaign, and some CMO.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

CJReich46

Titan Quest Anniversary (poss) Emperor ROTMK, and Phoenix Point Free Weekend on Steam. - so far digging it.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Diablo II Resurrected, Outlast 2 (if I can stomach it) and Age of Darkness.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Lots more Field of Glory 2 Digital League action where my Horse archer dominated armies that I chose this season in what can only be ascribed to a tragic case of temporary insanity   :idiot2: continue to show real flair and imagination in finding different ways of  getting absolutely slaughtered against a wide variety of opponents.....relegation battles loom I fear... :hide:

In downtime from my troubles I shall chill out with my Encased odyssey....
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

al_infierno

We'll see how long I stick with Far Cry 6 until the formula wears thin again.  Aside from that, more of the usual suspects:  Dicking around in GTA Online, shooting bots in my modded Insurgency server (SithAdmin's Server if you catch it while it's online), and getting spooked in Phasmophobia.

My last run in Crusader Kings III as King of Scotland turned Holy Roman Emperor came to a grinding halt right around 1350...  Not because I lost, necessarily, but I just got fatigued with the war system.  I formed my own split-off of Christianity, made it so I can appoint my own bishops, and called it Scotestantism.  Turns out about 80% of central Europe was not happy with this switch, so I ended up with something like 30-50k peasant rabble roaming around Germany.  To be frank, I just can't deal with the Supply system on such a large scale.  When you have more than 10k troops in an army, it's a huge pain in the ass having to constantly split up armies and have them sit around with their thumbs in unpleasant places while you wait for them to get enough supply to not just get mopped up in a battle that they'd otherwise win.  Rinse and repeat every few months, and the result is that extended wars with huge armies are just a big chore more than anything else.  I don't even care so much about dealing with the consequences of a loss, but it's annoying as hell when you lose to some absolute bullshit like a half-baked supply tick system.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tripoli

Quote from: devoncop on October 08, 2021, 01:23:30 PM
Lots more Field of Glory 2 Digital League action where my Horse archer dominated armies that I chose this season in what can only be ascribed to a tragic case of temporary insanity   :idiot2: continue to show real flair and imagination in finding different ways of  getting absolutely slaughtered against a wide variety of opponents.....relegation battles loom I fear... :hide:

Yeah, the FoG players in the Matrix tournaments are really good.  I'm happy when I finish in the upper end of the lower half of the players.  I'm delighted when I get to the top 40%, something I haven't managed for several years.....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Redwolf

Combat Mission cold war, including tournament.

devoncop

Quote from: Tripoli on October 08, 2021, 02:32:12 PM
Quote from: devoncop on October 08, 2021, 01:23:30 PM

Yeah, the FoG players in the Matrix tournaments are really good.  I'm happy when I finish in the upper end of the lower half of the players.  I'm delighted when I get to the top 40%, something I haven't managed for several years.....

Totally right.

I normally float around in the third Division out of 6 achieving nothing much more than a splendid mediocrity but its a looking like a heck of a fight this season...
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Dammit Carl!

Dropped the gold for 30 days of Premium time in World of Tanks so maybe, just maybe, I can grind out two lines up to at least Tier 9 (currently sitting at 8 and 7 respectively) after playing this damn game for 9 years now.  No specific meaning in trying for Tier 9 alone, just think that is about all I can manage before I get tired of the game again.

Pew pew, me amigos!

al_infierno

Just picked up Diablo II: Resurrected myself... Looks like they knocked the remaster out of the park!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^Graphics-wise it is great and I have not yet tired of hitting the 'G' key which switches the screen between the remaster and the original...it just doesn't get old.

Occasionally I do get tired of some of the older mechanics and miss Diablo III, but I am having enough fun to keep going. Almost done with the first chapter. If you dig old school loot 'n' shoot Diablo II Resurrected is a no brainer. The music is also still hauntingly top notch.

Oh and I am playing as a Druid, a class I have not played yet. I like it...it is sort of like playing a combo of Necromancer, Wizard and Barbarian.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on October 08, 2021, 09:01:22 PM
Nice tune!

Yep.  For the weekend:  Boardgames, War on the Sea and Enlisted

Sir Slash

After much thought and deliberation, it'll be Medieval TW 2 with Stainless Steel Mod. as the Stormin' Normans.  :arr:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Excellent choice. I think I have put more hours and had more fun with the Stainless Steel mods than any others. Although I still have yet to launch my first campaign in Attila: TW with the 1212 mod, aka Medieval TW 3 😎

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd