Rule the Waves 3: Ironclads to Missile Cruisers

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 18, 2022, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I await some kind of AAR and/or screenies!  :ThumbsUp:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: bobarossa on May 18, 2023, 09:04:40 PMLoved this comment from Steam reviews: "Let me put it this way: If Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts was Stellaris, this game would be Aurora 4X."

Will probably buy tomorrow.

My wish is that Dreadnoughts and RTW3 have a baby.

Dreadnoughts has the visual fights, RTW3 has the campaign.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

I'm considering it. Besides I would like to hammer at my "list" for once.

I might grab it this weekend. I dunno, I've been dealing with depression and a lot of other bad.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 19, 2023, 07:53:14 AMI await some kind of AAR and/or screenies!  :ThumbsUp:
I may have something for you in a day or two...... (in addition to my BoB campaign, and the Combat Mission: Italy video I'm finishing up....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Is there background music of any kind in RTW3?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: Gusington on May 19, 2023, 09:39:35 AM^Feel better, man.

I'm thinking if I had something I could sink my teeth into, that would motivate me, it would help. But I'm also thinking I need to mark things off my "list." and I already downloaded the e-manual. I was kind of waiting on it, and my anniversary coupon expired before it was out. (stupid me- lesson learned).

Price tag is about where I said it would be too.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on May 19, 2023, 09:52:13 AMIs there background music of any kind in RTW3?

No background music but I just play some period music in the background and there are plenty of battery fire sounds going on  :grin:

I had a cunning plan of allying with the USA as Austria Hungary given I was badly outnumbered in the Med by Italy in my first game. I made it through until 1899 with no wars as Italy kept backing down because of my "Alliance of Steel" just before the tensions triggered war.

Eventually however they declared on me and the USA slunk away explaining they were unable to help for now  :nono2: leaving me in the lurch.

After an inconclusive cruiser clash Italy then immediately launched a full on amphibious assault on Austrian Dalmatia which I had managed to fortify with reasonably strong coastal batteries over the last decade.

A huge fleet engagement then took place off the landing sites as the badly outnumbered Austrian fleet tried to fight off the landing and the shore batteries pitched in too. More than 12 hours of fighting saw the Austrians forced to flee back to a home port losing The Marengo an older battleship and two light cruisers along with heavy damage to two other cruisers from torpedo hits.

The Italians lost a Cruiser and some destroyers but Italian troops managed to land on Dalmatia and are now trying to overcome the resistance of the shore defences.

The game is full of such emergent narratives and much more is still happening as Germany has now allied with us v the Italians. :ThumbsUp:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

JasonPratt

I would put my Coldstream Guards CD anthems on in the background. (Or maybe some Russian/German popular marches depending on who I'm playing.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 19, 2023, 11:44:19 AMI would put my Coldstream Guards CD anthems on in the background. (Or maybe some Russian/German popular marches depending on who I'm playing.)

Fine choice !

In fact your suggestion has prompted me to d/l "The Radetzky March" which I shall use to try and raise spirits later this evening as the Campaign continues...
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Try the Manhattan Beach March, written for the opening of a shore hotel in the neighborhood I grew up in...100 years before I grew up there:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

solops

All I need is the Imperial March from Star Wars.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

CptHowdy

Quote from: CJReich46 on May 19, 2023, 10:29:18 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 19, 2023, 09:39:35 AM^Feel better, man.

I'm thinking if I had something I could sink my teeth into, that would motivate me, it would help. But I'm also thinking I need to mark things off my "list." and I already downloaded the e-manual. I was kind of waiting on it, and my anniversary coupon expired before it was out. (stupid me- lesson learned).

Price tag is about where I said it would be too.

i used my 50% off anniversary coupon that i got in december from matrix. i was surprised it hadnt expired.