Main Menu

Blitzkrieg FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 29, 2022, 07:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on July 29, 2022, 02:31:02 PM
^How are you liking Shogun 2?
So far one of my favourite TW games... :)

W8taminute

The Ramones have always made me want to be sedated.  Good choice on a video.

Last night I re-installed Hex of Steel as I want to see how it's evolved since it's release last year. 

Gonna do some moar Heroes & Generals.  I almost have 4 million credits saved up which will pretty much allow me to buy several tanks, planes, small arms, and custom camo for a lot of my characters.  Just need to grind some more.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Nice Anguille - definitely try out the Fall of the Samurai campaign...probably my favorite TW campaign of all time :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on July 29, 2022, 09:31:44 AM
Need your impressions of Dreadnought post haste, Pratt!

The tutorial is... odd. Threw me into the deep and told me to look around and learn. It certainly lights up all my Mechwarrior/Battletech designing neurons! {g} (All I need to do for Tutorial 1 is design a(n 1890s) battleship, no torps allowed, to sink a stationary 11" armor battleship within 14 minutes, which won't be shooting back at me in any way. All right, time to do some min-maxing!  :D )

Music is pleasant, unless I want to listen to podcasts while I'm plotting.

I noticed that the next two tutorials will feature the Monitor and the Merrimack!  :coolsmiley: The campaign doesn't start that far back, so their stuff would only be available for a custom battle (aside from the tutorials whatever those are).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Damn, it's been a while since I played...there was not any music in the game when I was going through tutorials and missions.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tanaka

Finally getting into Shadow Empire with the newest beta. Finally have a game where I am able to at least produce everything and defend myself. I will confess and say I am playing with easy supply on. But you have to start somewhere and am finally enjoying the game. If I do well this game I will try and figure out the complicated supply system the next time. There is a lot to love about this game it is so deep. Many call it their favorite game ever and for good reason.

This is what got me back into it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GuRW1RNXJmk-mm8QmOx8VEO67QhKINbr-CEY9-zU9Q4/edit

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tanaka on July 29, 2022, 10:12:46 PM
This is what got me back into it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GuRW1RNXJmk-mm8QmOx8VEO67QhKINbr-CEY9-zU9Q4/edit

I tried saving this large AAR on my PC but it just doesn't work.  Downloading (PDF, Word, ...) does nothing and printing does the same.  Tried Firefox and Edge with the same result.

Gusington

Out of nowhere I just completed the main quest line of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. Took 90 hours for me to do that. And there is a metric ton of content left, with all the DLCs, etc.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Fetrik

I've only been playing Dominions 5 the whole week.

I started a EA Helheim campaign this friday and so far so good.
Xibalda was conquered by me, Formoria got eradicated by Ulm. Ur is slowly falling before the might of Atlantis and possible others.
The whole game i have been skirmishing with Yomi while i was fighting Xibalda, skirmish phase is about to end.

My imprisoned pretender arrived a few months ago. I am summoning a banelord to enter the lake by my home castle with a retinue of wights, draughs and corpse men. It will be the site of a new fort (#9 or 10).
Hopefully i can raise some decent water troops to prepare for Atlantis who alongside Ulm look the scariest. Also T'chien arrived on my border a while back. Fun times.

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on July 29, 2022, 02:46:46 PM
Nice Anguille - definitely try out the Fall of the Samurai campaign...probably my favorite TW campaign of all time :)
Will do! I just lost my first campaign but am already trying a second one.

W8taminute

Quote from: Fetrik on July 31, 2022, 06:57:50 AM
I've only been playing Dominions 5 the whole week.

I started a EA Helheim campaign this friday and so far so good.
Xibalda was conquered by me, Formoria got eradicated by Ulm. Ur is slowly falling before the might of Atlantis and possible others.
The whole game i have been skirmishing with Yomi while i was fighting Xibalda, skirmish phase is about to end.

My imprisoned pretender arrived a few months ago. I am summoning a banelord to enter the lake by my home castle with a retinue of wights, draughs and corpse men. It will be the site of a new fort (#9 or 10).
Hopefully i can raise some decent water troops to prepare for Atlantis who alongside Ulm look the scariest. Also T'chien arrived on my border a while back. Fun times.

Interesting situation you're in there.  I might have to fire up Dom5 again and play around with it myself again.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

@Anguille - sounds like the Shogun 2 I know and love.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

CJReich46

I grabbed Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts too and have been working through the various tutorial battles.

I figured "you only live once." and decided it was time. I have been learning the fine art of ship design ( I seriously wish there was a guide or a manual explaining this) and yesterday I did my first fleet action in Naval Academy: Pre-Dreadnoughts.    I took two pre-Dreadnoughts, (BB) , a light cruiser (LC) and an armored cruiser (AC) and two torpedo boats (TB) against a fleet of two BBs, 1 LC, and AC, and two TBs.  ( I think??)

My first go round, I blew it badly. I over managed my Divisions. (Plus no tutorial in explaining how to manage them). So I went back to the drawing board, and built two new Pre-Dreadnoughts the German Brandenburg and Nassau, and my fleet was set.

I managed to sink the ENTIRE enemy fleet, and it was a long slog. I lost two torpedo boats, and the damage sustained by my battle line fleet (Brandenburg and Nassau) was minor at best. Two of my ships sustained almost no damage at all.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose