Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Rayfer on April 11, 2016, 04:34:05 PM
Will it be a better game or just different?

It will certainly be different - as to better, I haven't played (can't play) Polaris so I couldn't say, but I do have a lot of faith in Paradox. :)

ghostryder

I expect a good game--which is quite a turn-around from the earlier days of this company-but I think they listened and corrected themselves--and from Victoria II onward the games have just been Stellar. Hit after hit pretty consistantly--you almost forget the train wreck of HOI3. So I expect the same here...even moreso since they want to try a gendre they have never done. The RPG never saw light but it's too close for the same fate here---I expect an awesome game.

OJsDad

Pre Order is now available.  $39.99 standard.  There is also a Nova edition for $49.99 and Galaxy edition for $69.99
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

$40 is a good price point... I'll be pre-ordering....  O0

Anguille

Quote from: OJsDad on April 14, 2016, 10:38:40 AM
Pre Order is now available.  $39.99 standard.  There is also a Nova edition for $49.99 and Galaxy edition for $69.99
what is the difference between the editions?

jamus34

Dammit, why did they have to go and price it so affordable. Makes it that much harder to resist.
Insert witty comment here.

OJsDad

Quote from: Anguille on April 14, 2016, 11:21:18 AM

Here's the link with the differences.

http://www.stellarisgame.com/buy
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

sandman2575

Yeah, I can't freaking wait for this to come out. This could be the One Space4X to Rule Them All...

$40 seems like a steal. That's Polaris Sector's price point, and $10 less than big budget titles like Master of Orion 4 and Galactic Civ III...

Anguille

Quote from: OJsDad on April 14, 2016, 12:01:26 PM

thanks

Space6ghost

Go to Greenmangaming, use the coupon and get the Nova Edition for the price of the base game. That is what I did.  :)
I pay full price for Paradox games, deal with it snowflakes.

Anguille

Quote from: OJsDad on April 14, 2016, 12:01:26 PM

The geek in me wants the galaxy edition  :crazy2:

Feeling nice...doing barbecue, listening to Darius Rucker and chatting with you guys... 8)

Huw the Poo

I'll be ordering the box copy from Amazon. :P

Grim.Reaper

Good to see official preorder info come out....I picked up awhile ago at CDkeys for around $28, assuming that likely will be the basic edition, which is fine since I don't need that other fancy stuff:)

vyshka

Quote from: Space6ghost on April 14, 2016, 12:19:59 PM
Go to Greenmangaming, use the coupon and get the Nova Edition for the price of the base game. That is what I did.  :)

Same here. Now to wait until May 9th  >:(

OJsDad

Quote from: Space6ghost on April 14, 2016, 12:19:59 PM

I'm there now, and not seeing a discount for Stellaris.  I don't have an account, do you need to be logged in to see the discounts.