Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Tuna on April 27, 2016, 03:31:12 PM
I used them twice before.. with Paypal.. and they were fine with my 'un verified' account.. which Green Man Gaming is not.
Oh - maybe it was Green Man Gaming that I recall requiring authentication...I don't remember  ::)
Alba gu' brath

Tuna

Weird.. I didn't' have to do anything like that, I didn't' create an ID just paid with paypal like I've done on previous purchases. They just sent me an email with a download link. Link said it won't work till shortly before or on release date.

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 27, 2016, 03:39:09 PM
Quote from: Tuna on April 27, 2016, 03:31:12 PM
I used them twice before.. with Paypal.. and they were fine with my 'un verified' account.. which Green Man Gaming is not.
Oh - maybe it was Green Man Gaming that I recall requiring authentication...I don't remember  ::)

They may have, once, for me too.  I don't recall.

Pretty sure GMG is based in the UK.  Dunno if being overseas has anything to do with it.

I got the impression that CDkeys.com was based in Asia.  Perhaps I'm wrong?

Grim.Reaper

Cdkeys has always been good for me...but if your into getting the pre order bonus items, they don't typically include them unless clearly stated on the page.

Yskonyn

The whole idea of cdkeys is that you can order without having to make an account. Thats what I like about them.
Paid them three times with Paypal now and never had to go through annoying verification shit.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 27, 2016, 04:43:16 PM
The whole idea of cdkeys is that you can order without having to make an account. Thats what I like about them.
Paid them three times with Paypal now and never had to go through annoying verification shit.

Do they send you the key immediately?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on April 27, 2016, 05:02:26 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on April 27, 2016, 04:43:16 PM

Do they send you the key immediately?

If the game has already been rekeased I have gotten my keys near immediate.  Obviously if pre order you don't get the keys until later

Huw the Poo

We're in single figures now! \o/

sandman2575

The wait is excruciating.  Ditto for HoI4.

So close! And yet...

jamus34

Dammit, I haven't been this hyped for a game since fallout 3 and haven't pre-ordered a game since borderlands 2. Paradox better not screw this up.
Insert witty comment here.

sandman2575

Quote from: jamus34 on April 30, 2016, 07:21:04 AM
Paradox better not screw this up.

I honestly don't think they will. Maybe I'm just a fanboy, but I think Pdox is peaking, at the top of their game and building on the huge successes of CKII and EUIV.

I think the release of HoI3 in 2009 was probably the turning point -- Pdox put out a *hugely* ambitious and complex game that was rife with bugs and problems. I think they learned all the right lessons from that experience, and the proof was the launch of CKII a few years later -- still I think Pdox's greatest game.

Huw the Poo

100% agreed, Sandman.  Paradox have been hyping Stellaris to buggery themselves, they know their reputation is riding on it.  Besides, they've been doing weekly gameplay streams...you don't do that if you aren't confident.

Barthheart

1 week!  :D This is going to be a looooong week....  :P

jamus34

Yes it is. Any one wanting to try multiplayer right out of the gate?
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

I would give Gusington's left testicle if they would release this on Friday instead of Monday.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18