Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Hot Damn!  I was out of town on business, and while gone, I was playing Stellaris on my laptop.  I got a really good game going, so I decided to save it to the cloud.  When I got home today and fired up Stellaris on my PC, I went to load game, and the save from my laptop was there!  How cool is that.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: mikeck on May 26, 2016, 12:47:19 PM
Just FYI, the "Clarke" patch is out.

Only in beta for now.

Tuna

Quote from: OJsDad on May 26, 2016, 04:20:12 PM
Hot Damn!  I was out of town on business, and while gone, I was playing Stellaris on my laptop.  I got a really good game going, so I decided to save it to the cloud.  When I got home today and fired up Stellaris on my PC, I went to load game, and the save from my laptop was there!  How cool is that.

"The Cloud"  :)

mikeck

Yes. Beta. But I always opt into big beta patches so I lose the distinction
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

OJsDad

Unless something significant is found, I think we'll see it released first part of next week.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

tgb

From what I understand it's the next patch (Heinlein?) that's making the biggest change to content and adding a lot of stuff.  Allegedly out in a month, so I'm waiting for that before diving back in.

Huw the Poo

Asimov I believe, but yes, you're absolutely right tgb.

OJsDad

Has anyone used Robots yet.  If so, how are you using them.

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: tgb on May 27, 2016, 05:11:41 AM
From what I understand it's the next patch (Heinlein?) that's making the biggest change to content and adding a lot of stuff.  Allegedly out in a month, so I'm waiting for that before diving back in.

The Heinlein patch's only content tweak is to make politically conservative societies +40% more productive.

;)

Huw the Poo

If I recall correctly, robots have good production bonuses and are better than meatbags as ground forces.

tgb

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on May 27, 2016, 09:07:04 AM

The Heinlein patch's only content tweak is to make politically conservative societies +40% more productive.

;)

I hear that the "Ellison" patch berates you for 15 minutes every time you do something stupid.  Plus every time you conquer an AI empire you get sued.

mikeck

I found a continental world very close by but I cannot colonize it because it is currently occupied by a "Bronze Age" species .  This is not a sentient species it is in a category called "Pre-FTL". This means that I'm probably going to have to invade them like I wouldn't enemy. Never done this so how many units of ground troops what I need for something like this? Three tiles were the population
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Huw the Poo

Quote from: mikeck on May 27, 2016, 12:02:17 PM
I found a continental world very close by but I cannot colonize it because it is currently occupied by a "Bronze Age" species .  This is not a sentient species it is in a category called "Pre-FTL". This means that I'm probably going to have to invade them like I wouldn't enemy. Never done this so how many units of ground troops what I need for something like this? Three tiles were the population

I think you need to establish an observation post in its orbit.  I have not been prevented from colonising worlds with primitive lifeforms on; instead I simply had to choose how much room to give them once we'd landed.

OJsDad

From my experience, I've never tried to colonize or invade a planet with a primitive population.  But I have put an Observation station in orbit of them.  You can stay passive, ie just observing them.  Or you can get active on them helping them become an FTL society.  If they do, you can them make them a vassal. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think I've encountered a place holder bug (or the world's laziest ship design).  Instead of corvettes, transports, or construction vessels, the end game bad guys' ships look like this.