Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

Was going to ask if the patch hit. Time to get back into it!
Insert witty comment here.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: jamus34 on June 01, 2016, 10:14:44 AM

Me too, as much as I'm enjoying Saints Row: The Third, it's time to fire up another game of Stellaris.  8)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 01, 2016, 10:15:40 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on June 01, 2016, 10:14:44 AM

Me too, as much as I'm enjoying Saints Row: The Third, it's time to fire up another game of Stellaris.  8)

Funny you mention that...I recently reinstalled Saints Row: The Third, myself.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Yeah I think the Third really is the pinnacle of that series so far

Huw the Poo

Agreed.  It's way better than the previous games and as for the fourth game....I like it, but I could've done without the superhero stuff personally.

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 01, 2016, 10:09:07 AM
Patch 1.1 "Clarke" has rolled out to everyone!

Patch notes

Quote from: Paradox

With this update we also decided to provide following contents for free:

-  Platypus species portrait
  -  Paradox empire symbol
  -  Symbols of Domination

Whips and chains for the S&M race option?  ???

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 29, 2016, 04:20:41 PM

ghostryder

Probably the first thing people will notice with the new patch is how they changed the GUI for constructors. Instead of being consistant with science ships where you can hold shift and right -click to do multiple planets you have to right click to bring up the menu-choose your option--say build defense station, then left click where you want to build it---holding shift will allow you to pick multiple places- then when that's done you right click on the planets to build the mines and research stations. Why this was changed I'm clueless---it seems to me it's best to keep things consistant GUI wise---other than that I've played through the beta and still suffer the ocassional crash-- and generally the real issues with midgame grind and a somewhat choatic war setup not much else i ever noticed. The real meat i think is planned in the next patch.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Pissing me off that my AI controlled sectors keep adding useless modules to my space stations.

ghostryder

The sector A.I. is too borked to trust it--I simply mod it out.

Huw the Poo

More details of the next update "Asimov"

I think the new war goals is the feature I'm looking forward to the most.  I think war needs to be more flexible in general...currently if you're boxed in it can take a long time to claim any territory, as your only option is to declare war, take two or three worlds, then there's an inflexible truce for ten years before you go at it again.

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Barthheart

jamus34

I have to admit that is pretty good turnaround for two major patches and a couple of hotfix patches

Huw the Poo

Quote from: jamus34 on June 22, 2016, 12:51:56 PM
I have to admit that is pretty good turnaround for two major patches and a couple of hotfix patches

Yeah.  I've just clocked 70 hours since launch which, for me, is astonishing; it's already my second most played game on Steam.  Even when it pisses me off I come back to it a day later.  I think it's a fantastic game now, and it's only going to get better and better.  Just imagine what it will look like when it's had the same update cycle that EU4 and CK2 have had.

bbmike

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 22, 2016, 01:49:19 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on June 22, 2016, 12:51:56 PM

Yeah.  I've just clocked 70 hours since launch which, for me, is astonishing; it's already my second most played game on Steam.  Even when it pisses me off I come back to it a day later.  I think it's a fantastic game now, and it's only going to get better and better.  Just imagine what it will look like when it's had the same update cycle that EU4 and CK2 have had.

Yeah, but by then I'll be engrossed in Victoria 3.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak