Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

I wish we'd get a patchlog like that for Hearts of Iron 4.

Freyland

There's giant space amoeba in HOI4? :o

O:-)

OJsDad

Yes, it's called the USSR!!   ;D
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Labbug

Stellaris is 25% off on Steam this weekend ($29.99).

jamus34

See I wish devs would have some fun with causing misfortune to your colonists. Like space herpes.

"Dammit Jim what did a tell you about sleeping with green skinned aliens"

Insert witty comment here.

FarAway Sooner

Not to be confused with Space Harpies...

O0

Martok

Quote from: Ian C on October 21, 2016, 06:11:57 AM
What's wrong with what I posted here?  :( 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Martok on October 21, 2016, 05:20:09 PM
Quote from: Ian C on October 21, 2016, 06:11:57 AM
What's wrong with what I posted here?  :(

I think he means that he wishes they would release a monster patch like that for HOI4.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

I think Pdox was always planning on the Heinlein patch to be huge. And I think it took them longer than they were planning.
Insert witty comment here.

ghostryder

Well forty years in. There was this space creature who my science ran across feeding on the sun. The ship was immediately destroyed. No hint as to it's strength when hovering the mouse over--but the overall popup message said the creature was eating the fusion in the sun...causing all the planets in the system (5) to become barren ice age useless ball. I got some information from one of the enclaves that was science based about it--and i even paid for information on how to defeat it--but the message was rather confusing and obtuse--I went overboard and created-using all my starbases--a 250 member fleet (way over my navy capacity but I figured it would be brought down in the fight) and barely defeated it. I re-upgraded so my corvettes and destroyers where torpedo based). Afterwards a message said-Study it--I did--and I had 2 choices--harvest a bunch of cash(energy) or try and research to bring those 5 planets back to usable condition. I choose the later. A somewhat success--they changed to Tundra--at least teraformable- but my science ship was destroyed in the process.

The 5 planets were worth it because my game setup of 800 stars was set on 25% habitable planets so there isn't but 2 others in my borders to go after. So a costly reward--took a decade to get through-but just one example thus far of these new super powerful creatures. It sucks to lose a science ship as leveling up a new scientist take forever- however I can buy a scientist off the enclave that already is ranked 5 stars and has a plus to anomalies risk as well as survey speed.

Also worth noting after a bit I got a chance to research GAIA teraforming. It takes an insane amount of time--14,000 days and costs 10,000 cash-but for 100 % hability (that equals a possible 100 hapiness) it's worth waiting over a decade to colonise them. Also note you do not have to build teraforming stations anymore. Once the tech is rearched and you have the required resources(and the planet is in your borders) you simply go to the planet and pick "Teraform" where all types are available to pick from a list.

edit: corrected spelling...kind of... :o

OJsDad

Quote from: ghostryder on October 22, 2016, 10:11:07 AM
Also worth noting after a bit I got a chance to research GAIA teraforming. It takes an insane amount of time--14,000 days and costs 10,000 cash-but for 100 % hability (that equals a possible 100 hapiness) it's worth waiting over a decade to colonise them. Also note you do not have to build teraforming stations anymore. Once the tech is rearched and you have the required resources(and the planet is in your borders) you simply go to the planet and pick "Teraform" where all types are available to pick from a list.

With just the patch you don't need terraforming stations anymore.  Not sure if you can get the gaia test without the DLC.  I do know the cost of terraforming has gone up though. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mikeck

Haven't had a chance to play. After the new patch, is there an option to "turn off" space monsters?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

OJsDad

Quote from: mikeck on October 22, 2016, 03:05:48 PM
Haven't had a chance to play. After the new patch, is there an option to "turn off" space monsters?

No

mikeck

Quote from: OJsDad on October 22, 2016, 03:43:38 PM
Quote from: mikeck on October 22, 2016, 03:05:48 PM

No

Whiny voice on: great, I'll be completely immersed in a believable future when the giant planet sized space slug sucks the energy from the 100 million degree star.

Whiny voice off.
Steam forum voice on: well, Im shelving this crap game...space monsters is a game killer and I'm not playing anymore until it's fixed. Thanks paradox!

Steam forum voice off

Yeah, jk...I'll be playing the hell out of it the next week. LOVE huge patches

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson