Main Menu

Recent posts

Tech Talk / Strange new PC problem
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 08:24:06 AM
My main work station is powered by two separate rigs - a 12th generation i9 with a 3080ti and a 14th generation i9 with a 4080. The 3080ti is connected to 3 monitors. The 4080 is connected to a single monitor and a VR headset.  The two rigs share the main monitor and all peripherals (ie. mouse, keyboard, HOTAS, etc.) through a KVM and USB switch. More specifically, the mouse and keyboard are plugged into the KVM switch, which has two lines that plug into each computer allowing me to switch between the two rigs. The system worked flawlessly for many months until a few weeks ago.

The problem first started with the 4080. When I powered it up, it stopped detecting the mouse and keyboard on start up. I was eventually able to solve the problem by unplugging the KVM line into the 4080. Once plugged back in, the computer detected the mouse and keyboard and everything works. However, when shutting down, and rebooting, the problem started coming back with greater frequency and now its pretty steady.

This morning, I powered up the 3080ti and had the same problem! I've never had it with the 3080ti before today. The problem was solved the same way, by unplugging the KVM line from the 3080ti and plugging it back in.

Any ideas what could be causing this, or how to troubleshoot it? Its not a show stopper, but having to crawl under my desk to unplug the lines each and every time is getting to be a real pain in the ass.  :knuppel2:

Thanks. 
Wargame Design Studio / Re: WDS Discounts + Game of th...
Last post by rahamy - Today at 07:46:16 AM
New Game of the Week announced, Middle East '67! Read all about it in todays blog post:

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/game-of-the-week-may-6th-to-12th
Computer Gaming / Re: Men of war II
Last post by Destraex - Today at 07:11:00 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on Today at 04:41:53 AMTake a look at the link as explains it all.  Includes single player, pvp, multiplayer.

Jump into the biggest and most varied multiplayer mode in franchise history and challenge other players in clashes ranging from 1v1 to 5v5; command a specialized Battalion and find the right synergy with your team-mates; take a more generalist approach with Combined Arms or lead all your nation's units in the Classic Mode, resembling the Men of War: Assault Squad 2 experience. Take competition to the next level in Match-making and Leagues, tweak a wide range of options in custom Lobbies, or play any part of the single-player content in co-op with up to 4 other players.
THanks. Was not able to before from where I was earlier.
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Today at 07:08:28 AM
It sounds and looks really good, but I know there was a lot of negative feedback over the demo. Most of the critiques I think focused on the fact that the game strayed too far from the proven MoW formula and had been drastically dumbed-down.  I hope the developers took it to heart. It looks like they did, but we'll see. I'll probably get this.
Computer Gaming / Re: Sins Of a Solar Empire 2
Last post by Grim.Reaper - Today at 04:44:11 AM
Yep, mentioned a few times above about developers stating they were 99% sure about prior purchases before the steam announcement on may 1st would get steam keys and so far no mention of different versions,
Last post by Grim.Reaper - Today at 04:41:53 AM
Take a look at the link as explains it all.  Includes single player, pvp, multiplayer.

Jump into the biggest and most varied multiplayer mode in franchise history and challenge other players in clashes ranging from 1v1 to 5v5; command a specialized Battalion and find the right synergy with your team-mates; take a more generalist approach with Combined Arms or lead all your nation's units in the Classic Mode, resembling the Men of War: Assault Squad 2 experience. Take competition to the next level in Match-making and Leagues, tweak a wide range of options in custom Lobbies, or play any part of the single-player content in co-op with up to 4 other players.
Computer Gaming / Re: Campaign Series Vietnam
Last post by Jason Petho - Yesterday at 11:44:13 PM
We went over some new things and some other news and then tackled the Hue assault as best as we could. What an interesting fight. The ARVN are up to their usual antics and I presumed that the US Marines would fare better. We all know how it goes when I assume things! At least I didn't lose any helicopters. Disregard the fact that I don't have any. HA!

Computer Gaming / Re: Campaign Series Middle Eas...
Last post by Jason Petho - Yesterday at 11:43:57 PM
Thank you so much!
Computer Gaming / Re: Sins Of a Solar Empire 2
Last post by Destraex - Yesterday at 08:57:50 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 01, 2024, 09:54:52 AM...and let me guess...it will include some kind of an update that will not be provided to those who bought early access on Epic. Stardock and Wardell screwed everyone over like this with Gal Civ IV.
Actually there is a rumour going around that epic owners who purchased before a particular date might get a steam key.
But no difference in content that I know of and ironclad are ensuring the title is platform neutral for modding and crossplay.
Last post by Destraex - Yesterday at 08:54:09 PM
Is this the online pvp one?