Main Menu

Burn in FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, August 16, 2018, 11:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Phantom Doctrine, Steel Division '44 (forgot how great this game is), No Man's Sky, maybe some Distant Worlds, IL-2 BoS...we'll see what else. Enjoy everyone.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 16, 2018, 11:00:57 PM

Phantom Doctrine, Steel Division '44 (forgot how great this game is), No Man's Sky, maybe some Distant Worlds, IL-2 BoS...we'll see what else. Enjoy everyone.

Il-2 BoKuban sounds good.  Also some Post Scriptum and Total war Rome II Rise of the Republic.

jomni

Destraex

Just finished the Steel Division 44 campaign. Have not had the time to do it before (Just had a double hernia operation) . A good bit of fun but fairly stressful towards the end. Steel Division 2 is supposed to have a much more dynamic campaign, I guess akin to total war or the older Red Dragon style campaigns. Looking forward to that.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on August 17, 2018, 01:48:56 AM
Just finished the Steel Division 44 campaign. Have not had the time to do it before (Just had a double hernia operation) . A good bit of fun but fairly stressful towards the end. Steel Division 2 is supposed to have a much more dynamic campaign, I guess akin to total war or the older Red Dragon style campaigns. Looking forward to that.

Glad you're ok. I'm going in for hernia surgery in a couple of weeks. Nervous. LoL
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Most of my weekend will be determined on how dry it ends up being. Excepting the past 2 days we've had rain for over a week straight.

As far as gaming probably endless space 2 and octopath traveler
Insert witty comment here.

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 17, 2018, 05:29:36 AM

Glad you're ok. I'm going in for hernia surgery in a couple of weeks. Nervous. LoL

It hurts like hell Jar. You will love it! Keyhole makes it bearable though. Recovery time a lot shorter than traditional open cut surgery. However I believe traditional open cut makes for a cleaner more precise job. My advice is to make damn sure they have the painkillers ready for you and that they are the correct ones. There was a mix up with mine and I had to go with lower grade painkillers that I was not allergic too rather than the ones they had lined up. I must thank my wife for figuring that out. Every bump on the way home felt like a gold mine of pain. If it's a stomach hernia thats good. Mine was double groin which meant holes in my stomach and fixing in the groin - meaning I could not move my core or groin muscles. Fun trying to go to sleep like that not moving. lol.
Another tip would be try to ensure your bed is easy to get into and the cloths you wear to bed allow you to move without restriction or twisting. That you can just slide into it without really lowering or climbing in.
Oh and don't eat heavy solids, you don't want to crap for a few days if possible.

This youtuber for steel division was like watching a football game while I was stuck in bed, VulcanHD. A great host:
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Rayfer

Finally getting to give the newest Master of Orion a go.  Curious how it stacks up against Endless Space 2.

W8taminute

^^VulcanHD is a really cool YouTuber.  I enjoy watching his videos when he get's together with The Shermantor another good YouTuber.

I'll be playing Phantom Doctrine, Nino Kuni II, and some Heroes & Generals.  I want to try to play Mow the Lawn but the weather hasn't been good this week and doesn't look like it will let up over the weekend either.  We'll see...

Picked up Talon (see GMT games if you're not familiar with this) earlier this week from Amazon and can't wait to give it a try as well. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Come for the games, stay for the hernia advice.

Heal up and feel better Des. Good luck JH.

I will attempt to finish Dishonored - Death of the Outsider this weekend. After that...perhaps a Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai campaign, it's been a long time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2018, 08:55:29 AM
Come for the games, stay for the hernia advice.

Heal up and feel better Des. Good luck JH.

I will attempt to finish Dishonored - Death of the Outsider this weekend. After that...perhaps a Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai campaign, it's been a long time.

Turn your head and cough! Good luck JH and heal quickly Des.

Will probably be doing Total War, may break down and grab that Dustwind, it looks like fun! Maybe get some flying in.

DoctorQuest

A sad weekend. I'm going to a memorial service for a friend and colleague of 25+ years. Getting old really, really sucks.

But after that, I have most of Saturday afternoon to myself for a change so I'm going to play SOMETHING.  Cold Waters is sitting on my hard drive giving me a bad look for ignoring it for so long.

A few hours of work on Sunday afternoon.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

sandman2575

Good luck, JH -- and Destraex, sorry to hear about your ordeal!  I had a hernia when I was 6, so I have no words of wisdom to offer. All I remember about it was that I was in a hospital bed watching TV with breaking news that Reagan had been shot by John Hinckley. I recall feeling a spiritual kinship with the Gipper as it struck my 6-year-old mind that it was an extraordinary coincidence that we were both convalescing in the hospital at the same time.

And condolences for your loss, DoctorQ.

I'm bouncing around between recent acquisitions:  Bard's Tale remastered, Endless Space 2, Phantom Doctrine.  Bard's Tale is a huge nostalgia rush. That game had its hooks in me deep when I was a kid.

DoctorQuest

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. I agree with Destraex. Ask for good drugs. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

airboy

Done that one and will do another next summer.

It is usually not that bad.  You can't lift anything heavier than a jug of milk for a month.  It will hurt when you move around.  It hurts when you cough or laugh.  They will give you pain meds.  Take them. 

There is no physical therapy, rehab, or long run consequences (barring infection).  As surgery goes, not that bad.

Good luck!