Main Menu

Burn in FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, August 16, 2018, 11:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I played Star Traders: Frontiers - a lot.  This is the best sandbox space game I've ever seen.  I've taken two different captains to levels 16+.  One followed the main story line.

My second Captain has mostly been an independent.  He now has trading permits for 2/3rds of the factions & clans.  My goal is to gain trade privileges for all of the factions except perhaps 2.  I started with 3 contacts and now have 50 or so.  I've delayed doing it, but I'm about to buy a new ship and fit it out with top equipment.  I got hooked on the "just one more mission" or "just run one more trade triangle in this system" crack and delayed buying another ship. 

The political setup of this game is similar to Dune.  Big differences is there are a ton more factions, contacts within the factions are critical, there is an Alien threat, there are multiple sources of spice, and there is not one overwhelming military faction.

Jarhead0331

^I've reinstalled, thanks to you. It better be good.  :crazy2:

I spent most of the weekend play Space Hulk Deathwing Enhanced. If you got this game and were put off by technical issues, give it a look again...it has improved dramatically. The developers have really been supporting it.

I also played a fair amount of Steel Division '44...really looking forward to the sequel on the Eastern Front.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 20, 2018, 09:07:16 AM
^I've reinstalled, thanks to you. It better be good.  :crazy2:

I spent most of the weekend play Space Hulk Deathwing Enhanced. If you got this game and were put off by technical issues, give it a look again...it has improved dramatically. The developers have really been supporting it.

I also played a fair amount of Steel Division '44...really looking forward to the sequel on the Eastern Front.

I need to get into Steel Division again.

Most of my time was spent with Endless Space 2. Man has that thing sucked me in. 
Insert witty comment here.

Hofstadter

Been quiet on here. Stress and I came down with this horror show of gastro which has been murdering me for two weeks. Got a doctor's appointment tomorrow, then an appointment with disability employment services after that.

Taking my YouTube channel in a new direction, Indian cooking videos! I still want to record a play through of the British in scourge of war Waterloo though.

Been getting back into the stalker games since I saw the announcement of the new metro game. Going at it on the hardest difficulty. The sewers under agropom were a pain. I ran out of ranged ammo and had to lurk around corners and shotgun the soldiers
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Hofstadter on August 20, 2018, 09:49:54 AM

Been getting back into the stalker games since I saw the announcement of the new metro game. Going at it on the hardest difficulty. The sewers under agropom were a pain. I ran out of ranged ammo and had to lurk around corners and shotgun the soldiers

Supposedly there are some must have mods for the original STALKER games.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DoctorQuest

I have most of the STALKER collection. Might be time to install them......
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.