Enlisted: War Thunder with an infantry POV

Started by MengJiao, May 13, 2021, 07:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 19, 2021, 05:47:33 AM

Current best squad, still looking skeptical about training with rifle grenades:

SirAndrewD

I started messing with this one this weekend.  Having a lot of fun with it.  It helps that I'm actually decent at it, that's a nice change of pace.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

MengJiao

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 12, 2021, 12:46:52 PM
I started messing with this one this weekend.  Having a lot of fun with it.  It helps that I'm actually decent at it, that's a nice change of pace.

After many months, I'm starting back into this.  I'm trying out new squad tactics like "Spread out"...as you can see here in the training area:

SirAndrewD

FYI the Pacific campaign dropped today.

Now wondering if there's going to be a massive imbalance of Japanese players looking for something fresh.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 21, 2022, 11:23:05 AM
FYI the Pacific campaign dropped today.

Now wondering if there's going to be a massive imbalance of Japanese players looking for something fresh.

If there ain't no Rising Storm-esque banzai charge as an option, then the game is poo.

-goddam knee mortars

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on September 21, 2022, 11:35:42 AM

If there ain't no Rising Storm-esque banzai charge as an option, then the game is poo.

-goddam knee mortars

Yes, the Japanese get a Banzai charge ability, and instead of a shotgun on one level they get a Shin Guntō.

W8taminute

Oh nice.  I've been waiting for this.  Gonna have to fire up the game tonight and check it out.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Dammit Carl!

ArizonaTank

Is Gaijin Entertainment still connected to Russia? I know they started there 20 years ago. But a Google search only confused me...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 21, 2022, 01:06:43 PM
Is Gaijin Entertainment still connected to Russia? I know they started there 20 years ago. But a Google search only confused me...

Gaijin relocated to Budapest. 

Enlisted is only distributed by Gaijin though.  It's fully run and developed by Darkflow, they're a Latvian company out of Riga and VERY publicly opposed to Putin and the war. 

ArizonaTank

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 21, 2022, 01:08:34 PM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 21, 2022, 01:06:43 PM

Gaijin relocated to Budapest. 

Enlisted is only distributed by Gaijin though.  It's fully run and developed by Darkflow, they're a Latvian company out of Riga and VERY publicly opposed to Putin and the war.

Thanks, that helps a bunch!!!
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 21, 2022, 01:13:02 PM

No problem.

I too have had some issue with how many good Sim and Wargame devs are out of Russia.  But they have all made things a touch more complicated for everyone.

Eagle Dynamics has at its top some very pro-Russian Execs, but they relocated to Switzerland and most of their employees now are not Russian nationals.  They also support all kinds of third parties that have nothing to do with Russia. 

Virpil is Belorussian but very opposed to the war and are pushing hard on its new Tampa distribution center and physical storefront.

1C/777 is a bit more problematic.   They still have their Moscow HQ and just banned any discussion of world events in any of their social media.  Not sure how they feel about anything but they've always been Russian aligned.  I got Normandy and FC II well before the crap hit the fan but no idea what I'll do when they put out a new module.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 21, 2022, 01:24:28 PM

I got Normandy and FC II well before the crap hit the fan but no idea what I'll do when they put out a new module.

You're of course entitled to your own opinion and feelings on the matter, but out of curiosity, why would you make a decision to not buy something from 1C? They have no official connection to the Putin or the Russian government and they certainly aren't responsible for policy decisions. Why punish them simply because they are from a place that is pursuing a policy that you take issue with? Personally, I think it is even a stretch when a Jewish person refuses to buy from BMW or Mercedes, just because they are German, and in those instances, the companies actually contributed to the German war effort. Is 1C contributing to Russian aggression in any direct or meaningful way?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 21, 2022, 01:42:33 PM
You're of course entitled to your own opinion and feelings on the matter, but out of curiosity, why would you make a decision to not buy something from 1C? They have no official connection to the Putin or the Russian government and they certainly aren't responsible for policy decisions. Why punish them simply because they are from a place that is pursuing a policy that you take issue with? Personally, I think it is even a stretch when a Jewish person refuses to buy from BMW or Mercedes, just because they are German, and in those instances, the companies actually contributed to the German war effort. Is 1C contributing to Russian aggression in any direct or meaningful way?

Honestly....I would probably still buy a module. 

I've generally separated politics from my purchases and considered product before opinion.

I haven't always agreed with either Chick Fil' A or Ben and Jerrys but I sure as heck eat their product. 

But I know others feel differently so I consider their stance.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 21, 2022, 01:42:33 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 21, 2022, 01:24:28 PM

I got Normandy and FC II well before the crap hit the fan but no idea what I'll do when they put out a new module.

For me it's complicated, and I would never presume to tell anyone else what I think they should do.

For my part, during hostilities, I will not buy from or support Russian or Belorussian companies. I know there are probably good folks and even companies in those countries who are just victims of place and circumstance. But that does not change my thinking. 

Again, I would not expect anyone else to do the same, and I am fine with anyone who feels differently.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"