Holy ****! No Friday thread yet??

Started by Martok, March 02, 2012, 03:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 03, 2012, 10:59:08 AM
Just got back to Canuckistan yesterday (only guy on the flight to Van who wasn't wearing a turban/only guy to be singled out for "special" treatment in the private room at immigration..I love my country... >:()

<chuckle>

We live in an age where common sense is an uncommon virtue.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

I've got plans to play a couple of scenario's from WaW, maybe Blood and Bridges, and still trying to get FSX to run - almost sure I need a new GPU - and tonight we'll be watching an episode of Farscape, which both me and the missus love. We got the whole 4 seasons plus Peacekeeper wars from amazon.

And, I'm deep into 'Thunder Run' by David Zucchino at the moment. This is an amazing story.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Not much time this weekend either...I am heading out right now to a beer festival held at the regimental armory of the legendary Fighting 69th [US Army National Guard]. That's a decent grog substitute eh?

Once I get home if I am not totally blitzed out of my gourd I plan to wrap up my Ikko Ikki campaign, notched up as a loss, then study the other clans to figure out which one I can get a win with. Maybe some Vessel too if I can get my review copy to work.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

All that matters this weekend is the destruction of Nemeroth in Warhammer: Space Marine.  The rest, maybe some civ4 multiplayer with the groghead boys, is just gravy on the filet mignon.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

RooksBailey

Quote from: Martok on March 03, 2012, 01:56:11 AM
Quote from: republic on March 02, 2012, 08:06:51 PM
...and possibly Distant Worlds since there is a new beta patch. 
Ooh!  So Matrix managed to release it today after all?  (Please say yes!)

Yup! I downloaded it but haven't had a chance to give it a whirl. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Toonces

I renewed my subscription to Aces High 2 and I've been flying that quite a bit today.  Man, it's amazing how quickly those skills deteriorate!

I'm not digging Skyrim as much as I had hoped.  It looks beautiful but, damn, I HATE starting over from scratch.  I keep thinking of all that work I already did...having to start over...ugh.  It's really put a damper on my Skyrim playing this weekend.

I'm considering rolling back to Fallout 3, or just finishing Oblivion.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Steelgrave

Quote from: Toonces on March 03, 2012, 10:34:25 PM
I renewed my subscription to Aces High 2 and I've been flying that quite a bit today.  Man, it's amazing how quickly those skills deteriorate!

I'm not digging Skyrim as much as I had hoped.  It looks beautiful but, damn, I HATE starting over from scratch.  I keep thinking of all that work I already did...having to start over...ugh.  It's really put a damper on my Skyrim playing this weekend.

Oh, your old computer died, so you don't have access to your old saves, right? That does suck hugely. Sorry, bro.

Epee1

Dawn of War, Supreme Commander, Panzer Corps PBEM, Armada PBEM with Martok.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Steelgrave on March 04, 2012, 12:37:50 AM
Quote from: Toonces on March 03, 2012, 10:34:25 PM

Toonces,

Oh, your old computer died, so you don't have access to your old saves, right? That does suck hugely. Sorry, bro.

Did you save your old harddrive? you may be able to hook it up as an external and then search it for old game saves if
you can google what the files look like. There have to be other people out there who have had to do the same. If not
Skyrim, then perhaps Oblivion and maybe they use a similar save structure and you can follow the same steps.

Here's one thread somewhere:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111118155544AAgyjKE
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Skyrim now that I finally have XP running on my Macbook.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bismarck

I'm playing a beta of Arctic Circle for a preview.
Jim Cobb

Shelldrake

^Looking forward to your preview! :) Oh, and playing some Sins of a Solar Empire SOA2 mod and of course World of Tanks.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Greybriar

I'm living in two worlds this weekend--World of Tanks and World of WarCraft.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mirth

+1 On looking forward to a Bismarck Arctic Circle preview.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Quote from: RooksBailey on March 03, 2012, 10:14:28 PM
Quote from: Martok on March 03, 2012, 01:56:11 AM
Quote from: republic on March 02, 2012, 08:06:51 PM
...and possibly Distant Worlds since there is a new beta patch. 
Ooh!  So Matrix managed to release it today after all?  (Please say yes!)

Yup! I downloaded it but haven't had a chance to give it a whirl.
Sweet.  Now I know what I'll be doing on my "weekend" off (Monday & Tuesday night)... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces