Holy ****! No Friday thread yet??

Started by Martok, March 02, 2012, 03:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

It's a short list for me this weekend:  Birth of the Federation and more of the Crusader Kings 2 demo.  Just pure sci-fi and medieval goodness! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Some D&D 4E goodness tonight. Since a few of our group are going to be late, I'll probably take a quick game for the rest of us to play while waiting. Leaning towards Eaten by Zombies or maybe Wiz War.

For the rest of the weekend, I am still punching and trying out the games of my last order. Hoping to try out Strike of the Eagle and perhaps Space Empires 4X. And a couple of friends want to try Chaos in the Old World, so that's a definite for tomorrow at some point.

And I'll probably load up Kingdom of Amalur. Wouldn't mind mixing in something else, so I might finally start up Batman : Arkham City...unless I am unable to ignore Crusader Kings 2 any longer.

Capn Darwin

Working like crazy on Gun-SLEDs to see if I can have a prototype for Cold Wars in a week.  :o
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

RooksBailey

I'm currently addicted to the open beta for Blacklight: Retribution - it's a really fun "spray and pray" sci-fi shooter.  The beta is a rough one - lots of bugs and glitches - but the game still shines through. 

Other than that:  Crusader Kings 2 (amazing game) and Sins: Rebellion.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

mikeck

Crusader kings 2, Distant Worlds  and probably some X3:AP
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Toonces

Just got the new computer, so it will likely be Skyrim and maybe some BMS Falcon 4.0.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

LongBlade

(posting from a restaurant waiting for food)

Previews of Warlock and Naval War.

Shogun 2.

Maybe some minis gaming @ ny LGS.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

I don't have much time this weekend but my choices are Skyrim, Shogun 2, Crusader Kings II, or BF3.   Also I think there is the possibility of a boardgame or mini game night on Sunday, until Walking Dead comes on.

I love having tons of choices but I wish I had the time.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Steelgrave

Midterms.  :o How the hell did I end up back in school at 52? Bet I get some Skyrim and Panzer Corps in before the weekend is up though.

republic

I *plan* to play Crusader Kings 2, Mass Effect 1 (replaying in anticipation of 3) and possibly Distant Worlds since there is a new beta patch.  Though I've also been tempted to try Eve again, and there's World of Tanks, and another game I am currently an alpha tester for...  Hmm I hope when I can retire in 24 years that there are still this many games to be played :)

LongBlade

Quote from: Steelgrave on March 02, 2012, 08:04:59 PM
Midterms.  :o How the hell did I end up back in school at 52? Bet I get some Skyrim and Panzer Corps in before the weekend is up though.

Surely you have time to make a panty raid on a sorority this weekend?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Steelgrave

Quote from: LongBlade on March 02, 2012, 08:19:07 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on March 02, 2012, 08:04:59 PM

Surely you have time to make a panty raid on a sorority this weekend?

You have no idea how even the thought of that lifts my spirits  ;D

Oche

WINSPMBT, WINSPWW2, Mount and Blade: Warband, Red Orchestra 1...

Martok

Quote from: republic on March 02, 2012, 08:06:51 PM
...and possibly Distant Worlds since there is a new beta patch. 
Ooh!  So Matrix managed to release it today after all?  (Please say yes!) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Silent Disapproval Robot

Just got back to Canuckistan yesterday (only guy on the flight to Van who wasn't wearing a turban/only guy to be singled out for "special" treatment in the private room at immigration..I love my country... >:()
Think I'm going to play some Shogun 2 and maybe some Arma 2.