Licensed to FRIDAY!

Started by al_infierno, October 22, 2021, 06:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

A Friday without a Friday thread is like a PB&J sandwich without the PB&J.   :(

Some Insurgency, GTA Online, Diablo II Resurrected, and Doom 2 Brutal Mod for me.  Here's some oldschool heavy metal thrashin' for your Friday gaming!

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dammit Carl!

Well, I'd love to say that I'm still grinding along in my tanks, but Mr. Internet Provider has decided to shit the bed - like, pulling the cheeks apart, letting it rip and then grinding the excrement into the sheets - and my ping is now all over the place. ("We're working on it, and we're upgrading the lines in the area.") So, adios to online gaming for a bit.

Best that can be managed is static websites and YouTube and even then it's not good.

Time to pitch these fools.

Hope everyone else has a good one, so lifting my glass to y'all.

al_infierno

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 22, 2021, 06:49:55 PM
Mr. Internet Provider has decided to shit the bed - like, pulling the cheeks apart, letting it rip and then grinding the excrement into the sheets

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but this sentence made me lol.   :2funny:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dammit Carl!

Grazie!  We aim to please and entertain at Casa poco de Internet.

pochepiller

Playing the new DLC for Command Modern Ops
Red Tide

Gusington

You have a...way with words, Carl.

I have gone full Halloween mode and have started Resident Evil: Village. It is f'ing awesome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Wolfe1759

For me it's back again to Sins of a Solar Empire, might try some of the recent mods but more likely just play with the base game with all the DLCs.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on October 22, 2021, 08:22:14 PM
You have a...way with words, Carl.

I have gone full Halloween mode and have started Resident Evil: Village. It is f'ing awesome.

Be sure to check back in when you become terrified of human babies.  Trust me when I say you'll know what I mean...   :hide:

- MengJiao

Tripoli

BoC work.  Flashpoint Commands AAR.  And CMO Red Tide.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

MengJiao

Quote from: pochepiller on October 22, 2021, 08:08:01 PM
Playing the new DLC for Command Modern Ops
Red Tide

Sounds good.  Me the usual: Enlisted, War on the Sea and Board games.  Looking at the notes for Gallipoli, I found out what the SMLE (smile?) is in the Enfiled name as in "They were equipped with older-style Charging-Loader Lee-Enfield rifles that fired a different cartridge from the standard Short Magazine
Lee Enfield (SMLE) that the Army used.
...They being the Naval Brigade at Gallipoli.

Gusington

Jesus al...you say that and just walk away :/

Going back in to Village in a moment!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd