WarNo by Eugen - aka WARGAME 4

Started by Destraex, December 17, 2021, 01:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

Yes, I know the muffin man,
The muffin man, the muffin man,
Yes, I know the muffin man,
Who lives on Drury Lane.

He is English and his wife is a cupcake.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Some nice shots that give away some new features of the game. What really stuck out for me was the m60 sillouette for the m240.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

A lot of streamers have obviously been let off their leashes to show off gameplay now of WARNO

al_infierno

I'm impressed that the infantry doesn't look like Mega Blocks characters this time around.   :clap:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

Grim.Reaper

Skoop

It's getting pretty hammered in reviews.  I'm sure this will be good if they add all the stuff from steel division.  I'd almost rather play regiments, cause it's free.

Jarhead0331

Yeah. Surprisingly, I'm holding off for now. Just sounds like there is not a lot there in this early build and there is a lot of work remaining. Does seem like they released early to get the jump on Regiments and Broken Arrow. Eugen has never done an EA release before as far as I know.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I'm trying to decide between WARNO and Combat Mission: Cold War...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

al_infierno

+2, 3, 4, and 5 for emphasis.  Cold War runs on a clunky old engine but it's a finished product and very enjoyable.  I'd hold off on this unless you're REALLY hankering for a new Eugen title.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Lowenstaat

I'm holding off on buying the EA version of WARNO, too. Right now I'm enjoying the free playtest of Regiments (Birds Eye Games / MircoProse) on Steam.
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."