Bacon, the alpha and omega of meats

Started by Centurion40, February 01, 2012, 12:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

A pack of terrorists killed > 700 rats at a pig farm.  Bacon saved!  Happy Terrorists! 

Pack Of Norfolk Terriers Spends Seven Hours Killing Huge Haul Of 730 Rats.
https://www.unilad.co.uk/animals/pack-of-norfolk-terriers-spend-seven-hours-killing-huge-haul-of-730-rats/

This is a heartwarming story for everyone who loves dogs, bacon or dislikes rats.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Barthheart

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Con

Fogo makes the best lump charcoal

I use it in all my smokes

Con

airboy

Labbug

Long ago, when I was young, my Mom would make what she called wilted lettuce by pouring bacon grease over lettuce.  Has anyone else eaten wilted lettuce?

airboy

My Mom made this.  She called it "scalded lettuce" from freshly picked lettuce from the garden.  I did not care for it as a kid - and don't have access to fresh ingredients now.

Sir Slash

A couple of years back the Wife and I attended a local fund raiser for a Boy's Camp nearby with the youth cooking the food for us. The appetizers were bacon grilled with Brown Sugar and B-B-Q sauce on wooden skewers. And they just kept passing them out on and on and on. And we kept eating them on and on and on. They were so good you could almost eat the skewer too. Every fund raiser since then people fight over getting inside. It was like Bacon-Crack.  :smitten:

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 17, 2020, 10:00:14 PM
A couple of years back the Wife and I attended a local fund raiser for a Boy's Camp nearby with the youth cooking the food for us. The appetizers were bacon grilled with Brown Sugar and B-B-Q sauce on wooden skewers. And they just kept passing them out on and on and on. And we kept eating them on and on and on. They were so good you could almost eat the skewer too. Every fund raiser since then people fight over getting inside. It was like Bacon-Crack.  :smitten:

The only thing better is serving this with good Scotch and having a dessert of chocolate covered bacon (which is amazing).

steve58

**moved.  murder hornets are not bacon **  :-[
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Sir Slash

I could eat that even sober!  :bd: