Bacon, the alpha and omega of meats

Started by Centurion40, February 01, 2012, 12:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

I'm pretty sure that's not really late-breaking news there, Barthy ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 05, 2013, 12:26:58 PM
yes, this exists

yes, it's awesome

I have some here right now, though it's from Oberto, not Wild Bill's.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

And now for some Bacon Bad News:

QuoteEating bacon can significantly lower a man's sperm quality, Medical Daily reported.

In a study presented at the American Society for Reproductive Medicine's 2013 Annual Meeting in Boston, researchers from Harvard University gathered data from 156 men who were undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVR) with a partner. Each couple was asked questions about their diet, including how often they consumed processed meat, red meat, white meat, poultry, and fish.

Overall, men who consumed more than half a portion of processed meats such as bacon each day had significantly lower levels of "normal" sperm, compared to men who ate less than half a portion of processed meats per day. 

source: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/10/16/eating-bacon-lowers-sperm-quality-study-shows/?intcmp=latestnews
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

BanzaiCat

Oh, no. And I so wanted to father six more children in my mid-40s. Guess it's bacon for each meal of the day!

Grimnirsson

Such studies are complete hogwash...asked about their eating diets...LOL...only 156 men in the study...LOL...and humans have been eating bacon for how long now...? Yeah for a very long time and we are not an extinct species as far as I can see...any study that has something to do with what we eat and whether that's healthy or not is a study not to read...
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Martok

As a member of (what Dr. Kelso from Scrubs euphemistically referred to as) the "Seedless Grapes Club", I'd say that means I have a free pass to eat all the bacon I want.  8) 

Quote from: LongBlade on October 16, 2013, 10:59:07 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 05, 2013, 12:26:58 PM
yes, this exists

yes, it's awesome

I have some here right now, though it's from Oberto, not Wild Bill's.
And the verdict is...? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

Arctic Blast

Quote from: LongBlade on October 16, 2013, 10:59:55 AM

QuoteEating bacon can significantly lower a man's sperm quality, Medical Daily reported.

In a study presented at the American Society for Reproductive Medicine's 2013 Annual Meeting in Boston, researchers from Harvard University gathered data from 156 men who were undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVR) with a partner. Each couple was asked questions about their diet, including how often they consumed processed meat, red meat, white meat, poultry, and fish.

Overall, men who consumed more than half a portion of processed meats such as bacon each day had significantly lower levels of "normal" sperm, compared to men who ate less than half a portion of processed meats per day. 

source: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/10/16/eating-bacon-lowers-sperm-quality-study-shows/?intcmp=latestnews

I get to enjoy bacon AND reduce my chances of knocking some chick up?

Bacon is the gift that keeps on giving.

Grimnirsson

Hm....that's an...interesting perspective indeed...hm... ;)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Centurion40

This could explain why we had to adopt!!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 16, 2013, 03:11:17 PM

I get to enjoy bacon AND reduce my chances of knocking some chick up?

Bacon is the gift that keeps on giving.

Post of the Year!
Any time is a good time for pie.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Barthheart