Kerbal Space Agency - Advancing technology today, for a better tomorrow.

Started by Jarhead0331, September 25, 2012, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

I have downloaded the new patcher, but I continuously get the error 'Unable to stay logged in' when it tries to download the new version.
Does anyone else have this problem?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 18, 2012, 03:24:50 PM
I have downloaded the new patcher, but I continuously get the error 'Unable to stay logged in' when it tries to download the new version.
Does anyone else have this problem?

New patcher?  You mean for d/l'ing v0.18.1? 

Mine worked great (and left a copy of the installer buried down deep in my User folder).   Sounds like you have a firewall trying to block it.

Longdan

You guys are really making we want this....
to throw on my "gotta play right away someday" pile
with everything else.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

steve58

I think you can still download the demo. It was frozen at v0.13 and KSP is at v0.18 so there have been a LOT of  changes, but it will give you an idea of what you're missing.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Longdan

steve58

Here's the link to the demo (Windows and Mac versions) if anyone else is jonsing to kill some Kerbals....

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/download.php
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

I haven't even landed on the Mun yet, in all my noobish splendor, but I seriously wanna start hauling space station pieces up and assembling them in orbit.  8)

It's taking me some time to find optimal vectors for conserving fuel, though.  Have manged to get efficient orbital transfers down for the two satellites of Kerbin (a bit better than MechJeb can do, sometimes) but building efficiently to get on & off the Mun surface has been toeing the line.  :-[  Guess I'll keep shooting unmanned probes around until I get better.  ;)

steve58

KSP is on sale for 25% off until midnight 12/24.  So you can pick it up for ~$17 vs $23.  Good deal for a great game.. Price will just keep going up as they get closer to an official release.

CptHowdy

just bought but it seems their patcher is on the fritz so will have to wait until tomorrow sometime to try this out.

finally got it downloadedand unlocked. seems traffic was just to much for the poor server to handle! new build, game on sale. the patcher was from dec. 5th and didnt work so had to find an updated one. not a good mix especially for a new customer to go through all of that but hopefully it will all be worth it!

Longdan

Had to buy it anyway might as well when it is on sale.
Oh I am soooooo weak.

Nefaro

Yskonyn

Well I have checked my firewall settings, but the patcher still comes up with the 'can't stay logged in' error when trying to update. :S
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

steve58

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 21, 2012, 08:36:41 AM
Well I have checked my firewall settings, but the patcher still comes up with the 'can't stay logged in' error when trying to update. :S

Yskonyn --  have you looked at the patcher.log file?  It might provide some clue as to why.  The patcher.log file is showing up in my installed game directory.

steve58

Just saw this on KSP:

Today at 12:28 (36 Views)
Store going into Maintenance mode for a while

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know, we're putting the store in maintenance mode for a short while, so we can work on a solution to the 18.2 patch problem.

We're fully aware that our patcher isn't working for many of you. There is no time to fix it, so we're going to set up the store to let you download a full zip file, as we did in the old days.

To set that up though, we need to shut down the store for a while. We'll get it back up as soon as we can.

Thanks for understanding, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Cheers
HarvesteR

Hopefully that means everyone will be able to download the full 18.2 version later today...

steve58

18.2 Now available as a full zip download.
Hi, Just to let everyone know. We've worked around the patcher issues by not requiring you to use the patcher anymore.

We've set up full zip files for the 18.2 release on our Amazon repository, and tweaked the KSP store to give you a secure link to download them. You should be able to download the full game now from the store's download page.

About the patcher itself, we're writing it off as a total loss for now. We've begun work on an entirely new patcher, which will use a completely different system to update your copy of KSP to the latest version. That will be a while in the making, so for the time being, the full download should do well enough.

To install from the downloaded zip, just extract the contents into a folder of your choosing (something outside Program Files, preferably).

Again, we apologize for the whole patcher mess. Thank you for your patience.

Cheers

...go forth and download.