Steam Summer Sale Starts Tomorrow - June 24th

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 23, 2021, 07:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

Quote from: matt3916 on July 14, 2021, 04:00:44 PM
Wonder how many "a significant number" is?

Eight refunds in total (including bundles), of seventeen items.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think I've refunded a half dozen or so.  All of them because I couldn't rebind the WASD controls to something more comfortable for a lefty.
(and Victory on the Sea because the AI was hot garbage)

nelmsm

Refunded just two as "would not run right" on my computer.  I didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to figure out a work around and might repurchase them when I get a new rig someday.

al_infierno

Quote from: nelmsm on July 16, 2021, 03:21:25 PM
Refunded just two as "would not run right" on my computer.  I didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to figure out a work around and might repurchase them when I get a new rig someday.

This is what I usually go with if the real reason is "didn't like it."  They can't prove that it's running satisfactorily on my setup, even if I meet the system requirements.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Ian C

Quote from: Ian C on July 16, 2021, 07:59:20 AM
Quote from: matt3916 on July 14, 2021, 04:00:44 PM
Wonder how many "a significant number" is?

Eight refunds in total (including bundles), of seventeen items.

Maybe their automated system is seeing this as 17 separate refunds instead of 8 (because of the bundles).