A feel good thread

Started by GDS_Starfury, April 13, 2023, 01:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, I'm not sure all the photos at this twit achieve the stated purpose of "why you should have a cat", but still a feel-good thread.

https://twitter.com/ShouldHaveCat

(Note 1: at least one thread at Grogheads should attempt to approach the proportion of cat video/photo threads on the internet and it might as well be this one.)

(Note 2: this 'feel good thread' was posted in 'Enigmas of the Mystical', and I don't know what else fits those two categories together better than cats.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I've long felt that cats are further along the evolutionary scale than dogs just because they know how to bury their own poop. This can only be a sign of advanced intelligence far beyond what they allow us to see them doing to mask their unseen campaign to conquer and rule over us. But they're just so cute at it!  :hearts:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Plus they have some kind of plasmosis virus or... or cuddles or something!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, a different kind of feelgood article, for pride, integrity, and guts:

4000 sorties, 4 losses, in 2 years or less of initial action.

Plus a badass nickname from your enemies -- the Whispering Death!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/f-111-the-us-warplane-built-to-kill-everything-everywhere/ar-AA15EkF0?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=cc12afa120e14d7c81ea3ba5c18ed120&ei=76

"Failure?" What "failure"!?

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Fair enough. I felt pretty good about reading it.  :cool: But this should be more of a degaussing topic.  :hearts:

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

JasonPratt

Baby goats: sort of like kittens, so counts as a feel-good video!

QuoteThe amount of effort a baby goat puts into each hop is astounding, and only fully observed by slowing down their motion so you can see every twist and turn clearly. They leap so bravely forward. Even the youngest six who are one week old, are �full of twists and turns and side kicks.

So many people ask us why they hop, and I'm not sure we will ever know entirely. It is likely some combination of skill development, as herbivores it's important that they can elude predators with clever fake outs, and also probably to a large degree just for the joy of it. They leap because they can!

Humans could benefit so much by practicing being more, nimble, fluid, and joyful. It is so easy to get stuck in our ways, to feel heavy, and weighed down by the world. The goat kids show us that there is another way.

Sir Slash

I'm tired after that and need a nap.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Sir Slash

I am not crying, it's just my allergies making my eyes water.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury