Slitherine to release Brian Kelly's Stalingrad 31st March

Started by Boggit, March 19, 2022, 08:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Destraex on April 16, 2023, 04:41:07 AMFrom the steam forums:

"simovitch 2 Feb @ 7:46am 
As one of the lead developers for Bradley at Bay, I can tell you that it is still very much alive - but waiting to be released with the new patch that is currently in development. But before that happens, the scenarios (in fact almost all CO2 scenarios) will need to be tested with the new system and adjustments made as necessary to make sure they are as balanced as possible. A lot of love went into the BaB scenarios and it is just waiting for it's day in the sun."

Yes, that has been the story and the situation for years now....the patch not being done.  Which is holding up the DLC.  But that patch has been in progress for very long time.  The developer posts updates at the official forums which is below.  Certainly appears to be working on it but for one reason or another something else comes up all the time.

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/forums/command-ops-series.28/

Destraex

Fair enough. Understood.
Sad news. But the good news for me is that I only dipped my toes lightly into highway to the reich back in the day when it came out. So this is all new to me and their is a tonne of content for me to explore in the next special steam deal that comes along. As you said. But I do hope they get over whatever wall they have hit with their patch. Let's face it, a lot of these devs will be getting on in age which may slow things.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Redwolf

How many publishers and iterations did Command Ops have since they were a battlefront.com published item?

I must have bought it 3 times already.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Redwolf on April 16, 2023, 10:47:28 AMHow many publishers and iterations did Command Ops have since they were a battlefront.com published item?

I must have bought it 3 times already.

Don't recall them being battlefront, thought only matrix

Sigwolf

In all fairness, Command Ops is largely a one man show, and he's getting up there in age and has had a number of other things to worry about.  There is a second coder, but he is from Ukraine (now living in Germany) and understandably has had other concerns of his own.

Dave *is* still actively working on the update, and I feel confident it will eventually be released and be worth it.  In the meantime, the game in the present state is still completely playable.  This is a passion project, and I don't mind waiting however long it takes for it to be done right.  It really is a unique platform.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Sigwolf on April 16, 2023, 01:29:16 PMIn all fairness, Command Ops is largely a one man show, and he's getting up there in age and has had a number of other things to worry about.  There is a second coder, but he is from Ukraine (now living in Germany) and understandably has had other concerns of his own.

Dave *is* still actively working on the update, and I feel confident it will eventually be released and be worth it.  In the meantime, the game in the present state is still completely playable.  This is a passion project, and I don't mind waiting however long it takes for it to be done right.  It really is a unique platform.

No one suggested current content isn't good, but fact remains the expected patch and dlc has taken a very long time. Everyone understands he primarily is a one person operation. That is all that was said.  It's only disappointing because it is a great type of game and people love to see it evolve.