Hearts of Iron 3 Their Finest Hour

Started by Tuna, November 29, 2012, 10:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

I see this is on sale on GG.. Any opinions on it? Does it add a lot to the game?.. Or is For the Motherland just as good (got that with Collection)?

Rekim

I bought the vanilla at release and quickly put it aside until it was patched up to a level worth playing. Last winter I grabbed the Collection and gave it a brief try but was not inspired enough to stick with it. I picked TFH up earlier this month when GG had a sale and must say that I have been playing and enjoying it ever since.

I'm still trying to figure out how to put the AI to effective use (AI assistance appears to be a requirement with HOI3), but otherwise am finding that features now work as expected and the performance issues of the past have all been ironed out (a major CPU upgrade in the interim probably didn't hurt). I can't really comment on the delta's between FTM and TFH. It appears that most of the new features are small incremental improvements. Believe AI improvements, new units, and a revitalized IJN are part of the package. All worth the price if you're able to grab it for a couple of bucks as I did.

Zulu1966

I dont really get all these addons ... I have the original game but none of the others ... do I need any of the others or are the improvments you state all encompassed in the one ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Tuna

Decisions Decisions, but with the way Paradox and Gamers Gate Titles go, it might be 5 bucks by the Xmas Sale time... I probably am not going to start a game between now and then. I've been meaning to try and get into this game again, I believe it has potential, but with so many games, not in a  huge hurry!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Rekim on November 30, 2012, 02:16:01 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how to put the AI to effective use (AI assistance appears to be a requirement with HOI3),....

I find the game works better for me, if I don't use the AI to move my units.  Just personal preference....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.