Frontlines: Fuel of War

Started by MIGMaster, March 05, 2012, 10:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIGMaster

I had this game sitting on my shelf for a very long time - since the glory - or some may say gory -days of the Wargamer COD 4 server. I finally decided to fire it up the other day while going thru my gaming debris. I'm really enjoying it so far – make no mistake it is a simplified shooter, with a flimsy but fun story.  I've seen it in the bargain bins for about $4.99 and would suggest it to anybody looking for a decent shooter to play with in between big releases, etc...   

Jarhead0331

There has been a lot of talk about this game, intermittently, over the years.  Yes, for a mostly MP game, it had a surprisingly enjoyable single-player campaign. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Shelldrake

I played through my bargain bin copy a couple of years ago and recall enjoying it. I especially liked using the 'bots for force amplification. :D
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

Anyone looking to revive the server of old with this game? If so I will get a copy. I also wanted to do that with Red Orchestra but that sort of went to Hell.

Migsy I love the term Gaming Debris. I am going to ask LB and Brant what they think of starting up a retro gaming section here and title it Gaming Debris in your honor.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 11:03:46 AM
Anyone looking to revive the server of old with this game? If so I will get a copy. I also wanted to do that with Red Orchestra but that sort of went to Hell.

Migsy I love the term Gaming Debris. I am going to ask LB and Brant what they think of starting up a retro gaming section here and title it Gaming Debris in your honor.

As with all things, if there's enough traffic, it's fine to create a new subforum.

What we want to avoid is too much fragmention. ACG's boards are crazy fragmented. But most of them have enough traffic to justify it. So it works both ways.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Unbeknownst to me Brant had the idea first but didn't have a name for it.

What about a Frontlines server? I would love to see a revival of the COD4 days when I got killed repeatedly in a variety of exotic ways.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 11:19:00 AM

What about a Frontlines server? I would love to see a revival of the COD4 days when I got killed repeatedly in a variety of exotic ways.

Looks like Gus wants to perish via Remote Control Mini-copter bomb!   ;D

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 11:19:00 AM

I would say a Frontlines server is unlikely.  There just aren't enough people who play it to dedicate a whole server to it.  Unless you're offering to pay for it!  :P
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

How does hosting work? My rig is new and would be happy to host...that is, without knowing all the details of course :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

eyebiter

MIGMaster

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2012, 11:03:46 AM

Stop it Gus....you're making me all misty !  :'(  Maybe we are long lost brothers seperarted at birth - unfortunately, I was the one raised by the wolves!

Gusington

^There are wolves supposedly living in my area now. So...we're not as far apart as you may think.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jomni

I like the Frontline mechanics of this game.

MIGMaster

I finished it up last night - solid little game.  Now onto something new..........