The weekend gaming thread

Started by Martok, March 10, 2012, 12:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Crap, I failed to notice we didn't have one of these yesterday! 

And what's up with no one else having started a Friday thread?  Must I do everything myself??  Sheesh...  :P 

Anyway, I'm continuing my normal PBEM campaigns in Armada 2526 Supernova.  Most of my games are going well so far, although a couple of them are still too new to know how well they're going to to yet.  Included in that latter group is a very crowded game with ArizonaTank and another fellow named finebone (he mostly only frequents the game's homepage); this one is going to be a real knife-fight! 

Next up, I'm doing a little "old school" (at least relatively speaking) RTS action with Earth 2150.  Haven't played this one in a loooooong time, so we'll see how I do! 

Rounding out my gaming is -- not surprisingly -- more Distant Worlds: Legends with the recently-released beta patch.  The biggest change with the latest update is improvements in AI ship design.  It's still too early for me to tell how much of a difference it makes in that area, but I have noticed my advisors (most of whom I have set to "Suggest") have been more frequent in recommending that I upgrade my ships when new technology becomes available. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Still trying to wrap up my Shogun II Ikko Ikki campaign. I came very close to being snuffed out completely and now I am on a rampage of destruction, vanquishing the clans who raped me in the first place. Then I plan on returning to Skyrim for a bit. Also some modded Civ 4 and NTW, as well as some Vessel. Also planning on buying Fallout: New Vegas Complete and Necrovision.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

republic

Mostly Mass Effect 3, with a bit of Crusader Kings 2 mixed in.  Continuing my PBEM game of War in the Pacific with Jomni.

I was brutally sick this week 103 fever for days...being stuck in bed and with daytime TV such as it is...I was SOOO thankful that Mass Effect 3 came out.  :)

Bismarck

No gaming on PC. Igot hacked and my HDs are being erased. Thank goodness for iPad!
Jim Cobb

Grim.Reaper

For me, a little bit of CMBN:Commonwealth and Deus Ex whenever it stops downloading:)

bob48

Tootled about on FSX for a bit in an OV10 Bronco, and then played a small WaW scenario from Op Garbo.

I'm very tempted by the new CM game though, having played the original 3 more than any other PC wargame, with the possible exception of the Steel Panther stuff.

The graphics look good, but does it play as well as the originals?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bob48 on March 10, 2012, 06:05:14 PM
Tootled about on FSX for a bit in an OV10 Bronco, and then played a small WaW scenario from Op Garbo.

I'm very tempted by the new CM game though, having played the original 3 more than any other PC wargame, with the possible exception of the Steel Panther stuff.

The graphics look good, but does it play as well as the originals?

I like the new CM game, but you don't have to take my word for it since they have a demo available for the base game:)  Give it a shot.

TheCommandTent

I played some Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear boardgame last night.  Tonight and tomorrow I might play some BF3, Minecraft or Shogun II.  I really should sit down and get some work done on my miniature projects though.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Shelldrake

Just finished the castle battle tutorial for Shogun 2 and won it but what a blood bath! Earlier I played some PBEM Armada 2526 and now for some World of Tanks to get my 3x experience. Later some Batman! :D Damn but the weekend is too short. :/
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Oche

Been playing WINSPWW2, Mount and Blade: Warband, Red Orchestra: Darkesthour mod. Maybe i'll add some Left 4 dead 2, Swat 4, MIITW: Kingdoms, Stainless Steel mod.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bismarck on March 10, 2012, 05:52:56 PM
No gaming on PC. Igot hacked and my HDs are being erased. Thank goodness for iPad!

:o

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

Shelldrake fyi I never could beat the Shogun II siege tutorial!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Quote from: Martok on March 10, 2012, 12:30:10 PM
....And what's up with no one else having started a Friday thread?....

Maybe it's because everyone is playing the same games they were playing last weekend and the weekend before that? I know I am.  ;)

As usual I will be playing World of WarCraft and World of Tanks with some single player games at various intervals between the two.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Fetrik

I have played CoE, Saints Row 3 and some Evechron Mercenaries (damn hard and i hate it!! :P).
I just downloaded Call of Warhammer 1,5 for MTW II, now renamed to Rage of Dark Gods. Gonna take that for a spin in a bit.