Battle Academy Patched

Started by LongBlade, March 12, 2012, 12:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

A new patch was released today:

Fixes and changes

++ Operation Sealion: New units and objects from the Sealion campaign.

+ Changed the way multiplayer cookies are used to reduce the issues some users had logging in and uploading turns
+ prevent right click from actioning End Turn button
+ stop deselect unit from working while units moving
+ custom carryover data now possible. Simply create a Carryover_Data attrib array, and the first 7 elements will be saved and loaded from the carryover save data automatically.
+ fixed bug where indirect fire could cause infantry to remain on map even when dead (was trying to use the AP attack on them if the unit on the targeted tile was AP, even though it was hitting their tile, and should have attacked them with the HE code)
+ stopped camera move to hidden units that bog/break down in enemy turn.
+ Many minor bug fixes
+Various unit balance changes

Stats changes

• British tanks breakdown rate reduced by 70%
• 4inch gun lorry now does not bombard but suppresses more with direct fire
• AT rifles reduced in effectiveness
• Sticky bombers' attacks adjusted
• Sturmpanzer accuracy and reload rate reduced
• Auxiliary units morale and assault skills increased
• Luftwaffe pilots HE damage decreased
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

QuoteNew update available. Version 1.8.0 includes a number of fixes and changes and builds in support for the release of the iPad version coming tomorrow!

Download it from :

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/387/downloads/

Changes in 1.8.0
++ Cross Platform support. You can now play other players or continue MP games on your iPad!
+ fixed bug with MP replay slowdown
+ fixed a number of AI bugs
+ fix to medic bonus
+ various bug fixes and optimizations

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 3/13/2012 10:34:00 AM >

This was posted at Matrix Games today..... iPad support!!!!!!!  :o
Sure glad I just got one....

Nefaro

Q:

Have the expansions (I'd call them DLC due to size perhaps) actually added a lot of content, or mostly just a few units to add into your editor usage? 

I've not been in a hurry to buy the DLC for it as things like "eight new units and four new missions!" just doesn't get me terribly excited.  Am I misunderstanding the quantity of content in them?

Barthheart

I have the France campaign and the Market Garden campaign DLC and the do add quite a bit of gaming goodness for the money... not just a few units.

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on March 13, 2012, 01:26:27 PM
I have the France campaign and the Market Garden campaign DLC and the do add quite a bit of gaming goodness for the money... not just a few units.

Okay.  I was under the impression that you get a new, kinda short, campaign and about 8 new units.    Perhaps the feature list didn't emphasize all the new goodies.

LongBlade

Quote from: Barthheart on March 13, 2012, 01:21:52 PM
QuoteNew update available. Version 1.8.0 includes a number of fixes and changes and builds in support for the release of the iPad version coming tomorrow!

Download it from :

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/387/downloads/

Changes in 1.8.0
++ Cross Platform support. You can now play other players or continue MP games on your iPad!
+ fixed bug with MP replay slowdown
+ fixed a number of AI bugs
+ fix to medic bonus
+ various bug fixes and optimizations

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 3/13/2012 10:34:00 AM >

This was posted at Matrix Games today..... iPad support!!!!!!!  :o
Sure glad I just got one....

It's a perfect game for the iPad. Lots of fun, not enough realism to get in the way of a good time.

I knew they were working on touch tablets. Glad to hear it made it out.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

Quote from: Nefaro on March 13, 2012, 01:35:05 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 13, 2012, 01:26:27 PM

Okay.  I was under the impression that you get a new, kinda short, campaign and about 8 new units.    Perhaps the feature list didn't emphasize all the new goodies.

For France you get:
QuoteFeatures

·         25 New Units & 28 modified units with new camouflage patterns and stats to represent the war in 1940: Panzer II German Light Tank, Sturmpanzer German SP Gun, French Infantry, French LMG, Matilda I British Light Tank, Renault FT17 French Light Tank, Char Bis French Heavy Tank, R35 French Medium Tank, Somua 35 French Heavy Tank, French 25mm AT Gun, French Lorry, French Mortar, French Engineer, French Hotchkiss MG, Corps Francs, British Boyes AT Rifle, Sau 40 French SP Gun, Sdkfz 251/10/4 German Halftrack, Berliet VPH Mobile AA, French Scout, Lorraine 38 APC, Panzerjager I, German Panzerbusche AT Rifle, Panhard P178 French Armoured Car, Schneider P16 French Armoured Car

·         9 Single Player Missions

·         4 Multiplayer Missions

·         New Abilities & Bonuses
Rally – an officer bonus that allows you to boost morale of a single squad
Resupply – an officer bonus that allows you to replenish a units ammo
German Heinkel 111 Airstrike
French Breugot 693 Airstrike

·         New Bunker Objects

for Market Garden you get:
QuoteFeatures

·    New US and UK Airborne forces: US Airborne Scouts, US Airborne Mortar, US Airborne Bazooka, US Airborne 30.cal Machine Gun, US Airborne 50.cal Machine Gun, British Para Scouts, British Para Bren, British Para PIAT, British Para 6 pdr gun, British Para Mortar, British Para Vickers, Airborne Recce Jeep

·    8 Single Player Missions linked into one flowing campaign

·    4 Multiplayer Missions with new "accumulation" mode - earn a point for every VP you hold per turn. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins

·    New Dutch Terrain and Buildings, including the infamous Arnhem bridge

Not too bad in my books for $15. And the campaigns are more challenging than the ones in the original game.

I'm not buying Sealion because I'm not interesred in that as a battle.

Nefaro

I guess $15 isn't too terribly bad, but that's about what a full-sized expansion usually runs anyway, no?

I'd been considering Market Garden but the 8 missions and 4 maps, a dozen airborne units, and some buildings kinda made me say meh.  Has the community been cranking out missions & campaigns quite a bit?  Because that looks to be the weak spot, and what keeps me on the fence.