This is unfair...Too many Mods for TW series!!

Started by Oche, March 12, 2012, 03:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oche

If we didn't have ANY mods for the Total war games we would be for sure constantly complaining about the limitations of the "stock" version of the games.

This time i'm gonna complain of not having enought time to play! there are too many good mods for the TW games to pass on, and the ones already released are being patched and upgraded with new features!.

Check out this fine brand new mod preview for ETW:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=527643

My money is on Europa Barbarorum II for MIITW: Kingdoms, it has been under development for some time now. I think it will top any other mod, including the Darthmods for ETW and NTW and all the other different excellent versions which thrive for enhancing realism for RTW and MTW.

Shelldrake

I can hardly wait to play the mods that will come out based on Shogun 2! :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

jomni

I never play with mods in the TW series.  I'm completely happy with stock despite the limitations.
Happier with Shogun 2 as it seems it doesn't need mods (except for slowing the game for those who find it fast).

TheCommandTent

My favorite TW mod was the LOTR mod  'Third Age: Total War'

But I do agree there are just to many to be able to play and enjoy them all.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

Welcome to my world. A deliciously tasty history-flavored game world. Enjoy!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Second the Third Age TW mod as a keeper. It's much improved over the earlier versions and the CAI will give you a real tussle. The mod notes say to play on the "Very Hard" level but I think this would be as close to suicide as you could get in a computer game. "Hard" is very hard for me. Lots of new units and unique units include Giant spiders, 3 kinds of trolls, Ents, and Balrogs. For a real treat, crank up a play battle with Ents vs Balrogs/Trolls.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

My latest Mod Soup sadness stems from wanting one simple, straightforward mod for NTW:   A tac AI mod that makes the enemy side choose targets better... such as all the infantry right in front of them, instead of firing on my general half a mile away.  ::)

But the mod forums are so chock full of ye ole Mod Soup that it's nearly impossible to find what you want and compatible with the latest version.

Sir Slash

My choice for NTW mod is the Napoleon Total Combat mod. It greatly changes battle AI through optional further deployment so you must manuver towards the enemy, larger units including 8 guns per arty unit and a smarter AI overall. I was about 3/4 ways through the Peninsular campaign as England and had the French on the ropes when I installed it and the French made one hell of a come back. Now I'm fighting like mad to hang onto NW Spain and the French armies are again marching across Iberia. You can find it at the same site where the latest Darthmod is posted.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 13, 2012, 03:09:10 PM
My choice for NTW mod is the Napoleon Total Combat mod. It greatly changes battle AI through optional further deployment so you must manuver towards the enemy, larger units including 8 guns per arty unit and a smarter AI overall. I was about 3/4 ways through the Peninsular campaign as England and had the French on the ropes when I installed it and the French made one hell of a come back. Now I'm fighting like mad to hang onto NW Spain and the French armies are again marching across Iberia. You can find it at the same site where the latest Darthmod is posted.

Thanks Slash.  I'd actually had that one bookmarked from awhile back but forgot about it. 

I recall that I didn't want to download it at the time because it had some serious issues.  Perhaps their latest betas will be mostly ironed out when I get to it.