New modern warfare mod for CoH

Started by Shelldrake, March 13, 2012, 07:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MIGMaster

Looks interesting. I like the CoH engine - just seems to gel with the way I like my gaming.

mikeck

Never played CoH...looks like an updated Command and Conquer...just build units, drag box around units and send units to attack??? am I wrong? is there any tactcis in this game like CM?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Shelldrake

Quote from: mikeck on March 13, 2012, 08:54:27 AM
Never played CoH...looks like an updated Command and Conquer...just build units, drag box around units and send units to attack??? am I wrong? is there any tactcis in this game like CM?

Tactics and combined arms are important in CoH and especially in mods like Blitzkrieg.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

LongBlade

Quote from: mikeck on March 13, 2012, 08:54:27 AM

There are some tactics. Infantry gets special attacks like the ability to toss grenades in buildings. These definitely have an RTS-feeling (the ability takes a few seconds to "recharge").

But overall the game does a decent job of shoehorning WWII into an RTS game. I liked it, but it isn't a turn-based game no matter how hard you wish it were.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

MIGMaster

Shelldrake

Just happened in the last hour or two. Maybe the site is down while the mod is uploaded and changes made to the home page?

Dean Edell

Barthheart

Quote from: Shelldrake on March 13, 2012, 11:14:40 AM
Just happened in the last hour or two. Maybe the site is down while the mod is uploaded and changes made to the home page?

From the statement on the page I'm thinking maybe server overload/bandwidth limits exceeded from downloads ....

Nefaro

QuoteIf you are the account holder, please contact customer service. Our customer service center is available 24x7 via phone, chat, or email:

Ruh Roh!

Is COH owned by Games Workshop or something?  :P

Shelldrake

It seems the team ran into some sort of problem but the mod is available at ModDB.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/company-of-heroes-modern-combat

Dean Edell