Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 27, 2014, 10:14:41 AM
hmm theres a whole lot of hear say about the wanted thing, some say switch off crime reporting, some say if you attack someone allied to that systems faction blah blah - its never fully been explained and i suppose wont be until the manual is written

There was a thread in the official forums where a FD dev confirmed the warrant system had a bug in it.  Supposedly you're supposed to be free to open fire once your basic scanner identifies the other ship as wanted.  However, yeah, people are getting wanted status for shooting first, and that's not intended.  It seems a lot of people aren't ticketing the issue because they assume they did something wrong, but it seems to actually be not working as intended.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Nefaro

The more I heard about the little issues, the more I feel like putting off Elite.  May wait until the release rush dies down and some further patching is done.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was able to try out the demo last night.  It doesn't seem to like my force feedback joystick.  No forces in the game (that's fine) and no centering tension (not so good).  Hopefully they add some support for it prior to release. 

Pete Dero

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 27, 2014, 11:47:06 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 27, 2014, 10:14:41 AM
hmm theres a whole lot of hear say about the wanted thing, some say switch off crime reporting, some say if you attack someone allied to that systems faction blah blah - its never fully been explained and i suppose wont be until the manual is written

There was a thread in the official forums where a FD dev confirmed the warrant system had a bug in it.  Supposedly you're supposed to be free to open fire once your basic scanner identifies the other ship as wanted.  However, yeah, people are getting wanted status for shooting first, and that's not intended.  It seems a lot of people aren't ticketing the issue because they assume they did something wrong, but it seems to actually be not working as intended.

Found out it still isn't working in 1.03.  I Let him fire first and then waited with firing until i scanned him to see his 'wanted' status.  Still ended up being wanted myself.
The Federation gave me a reward of 17.000 credits for shooting him in his ASP and then the a Federation dropship jumped in and shot me down as an extra thank you.   

steve58

fyi...some free Cobra skins and 50% off All Paint Jobs for Black Friday at:

https://store.elitedangerous.com/usd/game-extras.html/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JudgeDredd

I put two items in my basket - both priced at $8 knocked down to $4...when I got to my cart and started to pay - right up to just before submitting it to PAYPAL - it showed $16 - so the sale price was not coming through.

I bailed.
Alba gu' brath

steve58

^...maybe because the link I gave has "usd" in it and you are on the wrong side of the pond for $s  ;)

I was logged into my acct when I grabbed the link.  Try going into the Elite D store from your acct and then go to Game Extras.

...or it could be that they chose today (Black Friday) to do a store update  :idiot2:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Pete Dero

Don't know if it is a bug or not but for the moment the 'Viper Gold' skin is for free (instead of 10$).

JudgeDredd

Quote from: steve58 on November 28, 2014, 03:17:38 PM
^...maybe because the link I gave has "usd" in it and you are on the wrong side of the pond for $s  ;)

I was logged into my acct when I grabbed the link.  Try going into the Elite D store from your acct and then go to Game Extras.

...or it could be that they chose today (Black Friday) to do a store update  :idiot2:
Nah..>I had logged in...it was still charging in $ - just the full amount.

I've went in again and it's showing the proper value - a glitch at the time.

Thanks for the heads up on the offer  O0
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Ok...I have a problem. I have ran out of fuel in a baron system (chancing my luck) and there's no distress beacon. wtf? I'm totally not sure what I'm meant to do...no fuel and not way of getting any and no way of calling for help.  :idiot2:

There was an option before (yeah I did this before! DUH!) - but I'm in my Eagle in BD+19 3268 and not enough fuel to jump out...so pretty stuck..any help would be appreciated  :buck2:
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

JD, you can either selfdestruct

or

i have read in FD forum somewhere: if you use up your fuel to zero (by SC around  n the system) there is an option for getting help ...but i am not sure if that's in this actual Gamma 1.04 build
its show only up if fuel is zero

JudgeDredd

Thanks MG.

Unfortunately I'm in my Eagle. If I lose it - I lose it (don't I?)

I am super cruising around but not really getting anywhere and fuels doesn't seem to be going to zero - yet.

I'm actually super cruising to Ross 863 which is 4.31Ly away and 1.3 days...and that 1.3 days looks like it might be taking close to 1.3 days in actual time  :(
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

ok...I am using fuel...almost out.

I must've past through quite a few empty systems  :-\
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

lol

Well it was taking it's time, so I left it in super cruise whilst I did some DIY - came back 20 minutes later and my ship was destroyed.   :'(

I don't know how it happened, but I don't think it just blows because you ran out of fuel...so I suspect some wee shite is pleased as punch with himself that he killed Cmdr JudgeDredd. I wouldn't be too surprised if the story of his ultimate kill was embellished to be told around the universe instead of what really happened - he destroyed a ship with no cargo, no fuel, no way of escape (even if the pilot wasn't AWOL) and no bounty who is has a Combat Rank of Harmless, Trade Rank of Penniless and an Explorer Rank of Aimless  O0

Well done Cmdr KnobJocky  >:D

Good news is I had money to cover the insurance.  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I'm still having some issues with the Galaxy map. For a start I get rather disorientated. Second, I can select a place as a destination but going back to the ship it says it exceeds my fuel limit - even though looking at the fuel (which shows blue for what would be used in your journey) I have enough.

What I end up doing (rather annoyingly) is jumping from system to system going to the Galaxy map each time (and I get further disorientated). I'm just trying to get to Sol and making an absolute hash of it.

My fault - not the game. I just don't know wtf I'm doing in the map and with fuel and jumping - I just don't get it.

I wish the Galaxy map would NOT let you set a system as your destination if your ship can't make the bloody jump though.

And the reason I get disorientated in the map is because when you go back in, it puts you in the default view...and you have to scan around again to try and find the system you wanted to jump to next
Alba gu' brath