Fallout on Amazon Prime

Started by SirAndrewD, December 02, 2023, 02:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

First look has dropped. They absolutely seem to have gotten the look and feel down..

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

Now that is a well done trailer.  I agree it looks like they captured the atmosphere perfectly. 

As the Elkor of the Mass Effect series would say in their monotone voices, [Genuine enthusiasm] "I delight in this movie trailer."
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jamus34

My issues are somewhat nitpicky but still concerning.

Everything looks too "clean" especially outside of the Vault.
The ghoul makeup is terrible. I've seen Cosplay makeup do it better.
The BoS armor looks like it just came off the factory floor.

Hoping for the best on this but I think I'm going to be disappointed.
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

Quote from: jamus34 on December 16, 2023, 08:03:59 PMMy issues are somewhat nitpicky but still concerning.

Everything looks too "clean" especially outside of the Vault.
The ghoul makeup is terrible. I've seen Cosplay makeup do it better.
The BoS armor looks like it just came off the factory floor.

Hoping for the best on this but I think I'm going to be disappointed.

I don't disagree with you Jamus and I thought about this after watching the trailer for a handful of more times. 

In some sort of strange way the cleanliness of the destroyed environment and the shiny armor of the BoS troopers kind of alludes to the graphical tone set in the video games themselves.  Fallout 4 in particular.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

What I don't understand is why the vault overseer is a mutant.  Weren't the vaults supposed to be shelters that prevented that sort of thing?

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 17, 2023, 11:11:57 AMWhat I don't understand is why the vault overseer is a mutant.  Weren't the vaults supposed to be shelters that prevented that sort of thing?

With Vault Tech all things are possible.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

ArizonaTank

I am kind of looking forward to this. Hope the show keeps the cheeky personality of the game series.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

The official trailer.

On Prime, April 11th

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

Looks awesome and catches the humor of the games well, in the trailer at least. I like how they use music from previous game trailers  and intros too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd