Main Menu

Book of FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 16, 2021, 08:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Lost classic for sure...

DCS, Warhammer 40K: Battle Sector, maybe some Total War Warhammer II? We'll see...

Everyone enjoy.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Grand Tactician: American Civil War...the recent update patch has greatly improved the flow of the game, enjoying it much more now.
Regarding JH's music choice...I'm an old dude and this is just further cements my personal belief that the 80's was music's lost decade.  ;) :o 8) ::) #:-)

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 16, 2021, 08:35:27 AM
Lost classic for sure...

So lost I never found it before !

I was in the mood this week for a space opera so I started playing Mass Effect Legendary and I might spend some more time with it this weekend.

But this is also on my mind : https://apnews.com/article/europe-environment-and-nature-germany-floods-44498a9899e1a75929f8de9e3df07874 / https://apnews.com/article/europe-health-environment-and-nature-floods-9796ab4c2458604ff15203ef630b43f6
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/floods-germany-claim-81-victims-more-than-1000-missing-2021-07-16/

Never in my lifetime have I seen something like this in this region.  Hundreds of lives might be lost in Belgium, Germany & the Netherlands.
I was lucky enough to live 50 K outside the area that was hit.

W8taminute

I agree with you Rayfer but I must admit I never heard of this song and I know a lot of obscure songs from the 80s.

I'm gonna fire up my House Li Halan save file in [drawing a blank here on this old skool space game with both land and space combat]

There will be some Heroes & Generals action as I continue to level up my one of my; US Rifleman, German Panzer Soldier, and my Russian paratrooper. 

Been playing Shattered Union and Hex of Steel off and on this past week and it will probably continue into the weekend.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on July 16, 2021, 10:53:02 AM

I'm gonna fire up my House Li Halan save file in [drawing a blank here on this old skool space game with both land and space combat]

Emperor of the Fading Suns, you Godless heathen! How could you!?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

War in the East: The Road to Leningrad if it's quiet around here, which it usually isn't.  :hide:  Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

Stellaris - The United Colonies of Earth -It's now 2389 and we're ranked #3.  Behind two fallen empires (note to Paradox: Fallen Empires shouldn't count). After watching You Tube videos on how to play this, I decided the only way I was ever going to play this thing was to simply play it.

I took the UN pre-set and just went with it. Added one civic. But we're doing rather well. Technologically speaking we're only behind the fallen empires, no one can lay a glove on us.  We have terraformed Mars, Barnard's Star has a world that we terraformed first- just calling it Barnard's World. Sirius and Alpha Centauri are colonized AND we have habitats as well. Megastructures are coming soon.  Titans and Ion Cannons are coming :D  I am deeply pleased.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Toonces

We might need to re-start this thread, what with all these Boomers slagging my beloved '80s.   :knuppel2:   >:(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 16, 2021, 11:01:05 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on July 16, 2021, 10:53:02 AM

Emperor of the Fading Suns, you Godless heathen! How could you!?

Haha!  I'm getting old and I only have 1K of memory left in my brain.   :2funny:
But thanks for reminding me what the name is.  At least now I know what shortcut on my desktop to look for. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

al_infierno

Quote from: Pete Dero on July 16, 2021, 10:48:03 AM

But this is also on my mind : https://apnews.com/article/europe-environment-and-nature-germany-floods-44498a9899e1a75929f8de9e3df07874 / https://apnews.com/article/europe-health-environment-and-nature-floods-9796ab4c2458604ff15203ef630b43f6
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/floods-germany-claim-81-victims-more-than-1000-missing-2021-07-16/

Never in my lifetime have I seen something like this in this region.  Hundreds of lives might be lost in Belgium, Germany & the Netherlands.
I was lucky enough to live 50 K outside the area that was hit.

Damn, that's awful.  Glad to hear you're safe.

I've been sucked back into the Skinner Box that is Red Dead Online.  It's pretty fun and relaxing to just ride around and shoot stuff, but holy hell the new missions they add are terrible.  Go here, take item, ride back while fighting off 4x men on horseback every few minutes.  Crap payout and only worth it if you find the mission fun.  The only thing that keeps me coming back to the game is the open world freeroam.

Maybe some Tony Hawk's Pro Skater on Switch.  Some schooldays nostalgia  :coolsmiley:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Rayfer

Quote from: CJReich46 on July 16, 2021, 11:55:07 AM
Stellaris - The United Colonies of Earth -It's now 2389 and we're ranked #3.  Behind two fallen empires (note to Paradox: Fallen Empires shouldn't count). After watching You Tube videos on how to play this, I decided the only way I was ever going to play this thing was to simply play it.

I took the UN pre-set and just went with it. Added one civic. But we're doing rather well. Technologically speaking we're only behind the fallen empires, no one can lay a glove on us.  We have terraformed Mars, Barnard's Star has a world that we terraformed first- just calling it Barnard's World. Sirius and Alpha Centauri are colonized AND we have habitats as well. Megastructures are coming soon.  Titans and Ion Cannons are coming :D  I am deeply pleased.

Thanks for the reminder of how great a game Stellaris is....got me thinking of firing it up again. 

Tripoli

I'll be doing work on Burden of Command.  Possibly a bit of Scourge of War.  And Toonces, I haven't forgotten about meeting you in a possible match of "Dangerous Waters" sometime in the near future.  :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

W8taminute

Pete glad to hear that you were safe.  Those floods look horrendous. 

Dammit Carl!

Killing Floor 2, baby!

Bought it and had it in the game-pile for a bit now and only just dl'ed it to compy.  Man, forgot just how much goofy fun this stuff was. 

So far, only Solo-ing maps and whatnot but I know I've burned most of today just killing zeds and trying out the weapons.  Need to figure out how to do screenshots as I'm doing the Berserker perk with the most middle-aged looking man available; seeing this nebbish absolutely covered in gore at the end of a session makes me giggle.

Stay safe, folks, and fish on!

al_infierno

^ KF 2 is a modern classic.  Awesome game and the graphics are incredible with the Nvidia special effects.  May have to reinstall this one now that I'm thinking about it...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao