B-29 Superfortress: Bombers Over Japan, 1944-1945 (Discussion Thread)

Started by BanzaiCat, August 20, 2014, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

^ Everyone aboard Miss Punctuality should be that lucky.

Done! Fin.

;D

Staggerwing

Thanks for the ride BC!

Can I keep the chocolate from the emergency rations?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on October 26, 2014, 04:57:15 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 26, 2014, 04:51:43 PM
Can I keep the chocolate from the emergency rations?

That's Ex-Lax.

That explains a lot...

Some fun reading on the consequences: http://www.bombercommandmuseum.ca/s,whennaturecalls.html
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 26, 2014, 02:17:46 PM
Ditto!  :)

Also, Mechagodzilla 1 was apparently waiting for us on the next mission. So we dodged that.  8)

LOL!   He's my favorite kaiju.   O0
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 26, 2014, 04:31:38 PM
^ Everyone aboard Miss Punctuality should be that lucky.

Done! Fin.

;D

Adventure Time!  The second best show on tv right after 'The Regular Show'!     ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 24, 2014, 08:59:46 AM
Sorry, all. It's been a while and I really did/do want to keep up with this thread, but B-29 isn't as fun as I'd hoped it would be.

Most of the time I'm chasing navigation points and doing endless nav checks in the first few sea zones, then random event checks when hardly anything happens. If weather is bad, the same damn thing keeps happening - lightning hits the plane, no effect (which is very tough - I keep rolling 7s on 2d6, and 7=No Effect). I guess that's good for crew health but it happens. Every. Time. So literally nothing happens in the game.

The ridiculous amounts of Navigation DRM caclucations and die rolls, that only lead to more such Nav calcs, put me off the original B-29 over Japan.  Think I mentioned this at least once before.  I picked up the Korean expansion at the same time I got the original because I heard this to be the case, and that the Korean one has more action, but I've not yet tried it.

Either way, I started considering chopping down the Navigation insanity into one or two rolls per slot movement but never quite ironed out the details because I had received Picket Duty by then.  Which has far more action.

BanzaiCat

Update:

Legion Wargames is sending me a copy of the expansion, Hell Over Korea. I told them I'd do a review (I'm sure Brant wouldn't mind some extra content eventually, and I went through channels to get it, so there) of both titles.

HoK is a lot closer, from the looks of it, to B-17 Queen of the Skies (another game for which I have an upcoming AAR). So when the time is right, I want to restart this AAR, but with Korea. I'll create a new thread when the time comes and will probably put you all that originally signed up into the death seats again.

I'm very interested in seeing how the game system portrays the Commie fighters, especially the jets, versus the B-29. Should be a lot of fun.