What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on June 20, 2017, 09:49:37 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 20, 2017, 09:17:23 AM
Quote from: panzerde on June 20, 2017, 09:15:25 AMYou bought no ships. Your argument is invalid.
I bought a game called "Islebound"
I have ships, sir.

The wheat carrying ship game.

You asshats keep laughing, but attacking wheat-producing regions over the sea has been pretty important over the years

https://warontherocks.com/2016/04/wargaming-in-the-classroom-an-odyssey/
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Brant they are just jealous and live in the delusion that a piece of paper with a plane outline and a couple of D6 = REALISM!

panzerde

Uhm, there's that word - "attacking." Not something common in games like "Agricola."

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 20, 2017, 10:07:55 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 20, 2017, 09:49:37 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 20, 2017, 09:17:23 AM
Quote from: panzerde on June 20, 2017, 09:15:25 AMYou bought no ships. Your argument is invalid.
I bought a game called "Islebound"
I have ships, sir.

The wheat carrying ship game.

You asshats keep laughing, but attacking wheat-producing regions over the sea has been pretty important over the years

https://warontherocks.com/2016/04/wargaming-in-the-classroom-an-odyssey/

Did you notice all the actual wargames in that article?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

You never seen MMA Agricola?  Bloody stuff.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on June 20, 2017, 10:11:37 AM
Brant they are just jealous and live in the delusion that a piece of paper with a plane outline and a couple of D6 = REALISM!

Only if the plane is napalming wheat fields.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

panzerde

Seriously, change the name of the forum to "boardgaming" if that's what this is. Also, ditch the name "Grogheads," because Catan and BS like that isn't. You want to encourage wargaming, you need a place that isn't overrun with the same Euros Origins has been overrun with.

mirth

EuroHeads isn't all that catchy.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on June 20, 2017, 10:14:45 AM
Quote from: Bison on June 20, 2017, 10:11:37 AM

Only if the plane is napalming wheat fields.

And/or indigenous wheat harvesters. Roll d10 for the number of flesh burns and then a d20 on the Political SJW Impact Table if an American bomber, or d100 on the Eliminate Capitalist Swine VP table if 'Other.'

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

Quote from: panzerde on June 20, 2017, 10:15:08 AM
Seriously, change the name of the forum to "boardgaming" if that's what this is. Also, ditch the name "Grogheads," because Catan and BS like that isn't. You want to encourage wargaming, you need a place that isn't overrun with the same Euros Origins has been overrun with.

You cannot enjoy both?  I do.  But I'll endeavor not to violate the safe space here any longer and allow you all to discuss war games exclusively. 

mirth

Quote from: Bison on June 20, 2017, 10:25:32 AM
But I'll endeavor not to violate the safe space here any longer and allow you all to discuss war games exclusively. 

Oh don't do that. I like being able to tease you about euro games :P

mirth

panzerde

Quote from: Bison on June 20, 2017, 10:25:32 AM
Quote from: panzerde on June 20, 2017, 10:15:08 AM

You cannot enjoy both?  I do.  But I'll endeavor not to violate the safe space here any longer and allow you all to discuss war games exclusively.

Sure you can enjoy both. Who said you couldn't enjoy both? The forum in question is wargames, though. Why not start a forum for other boardgames?

But okay, let this go ahead and be a forum where 75% of the posts are not about wargames. There are other places to go discuss wargames that are exclusive to those. I'm happy to go there.

mirth

I don't think there's anything preventing us from talking about wargames. This is a "what's on your table?" thread. If we're going to start limiting it to just wargames,  there's a going to be a lot less activity.

I play plenty of wargames and I feel like I can discuss them here without worrying about whether or not other game discussions somehow limit me.

If it's a serious concern, then the forum title should be changed to Boardgaming with a wargaming sub-forum. I don't see the necessity personally.