What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrunner

I just finished a solo play through of ASL S44 Contested Settlement, which pitted the Poles against the Slovaks early in WW2.  One the second turn, the Slovaks rolled very low when they were outnumbered in a melee and wiped out a key part of the Polish force.  That effectively shut down one flank of the attack and doomed the Polish attack.

This scenario is part of the starter kit expansion pack, which is a nice addition to the starter kits.  This scenario didn't have any vehicles, and the only gun was a mortar, so compared to the other scenarios I've been playing, this was simple and I played it very quickly.

I bought some Hozan containers, so I may take a short break from playing to start organizing my growing collection of ASL counters.

acctingman

JUST got my copy of Conflict of Hero's Awakening the Bear v2 and the solo expansion. Played AtB2 once before it got stolen, so I'm starting over again.

Time to put away my Heroclix and trade out Captain America and Batman for a Pz IV and a T-34!  O0

mirth

Batman is more of a Panther than a T-34.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

acctingman

BanzaiCat

Quote from: acctingman on August 04, 2017, 09:45:01 AM
Played AtB2 once before it got stolen, so I'm starting over again.

Stolen?!? That sucks. That's a pretty big game box. How did it go missing if you don't mind me asking?

acctingman

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 04, 2017, 12:18:18 PM
Quote from: acctingman on August 04, 2017, 09:45:01 AM
Played AtB2 once before it got stolen, so I'm starting over again.

Stolen?!? That sucks. That's a pretty big game box. How did it go missing if you don't mind me asking?

Some azzhat broke into our garage and stole some of my games and a bunch of my mini's (and some tools)

BanzaiCat

acctingman

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 04, 2017, 03:50:35 PM
Sorry, man. That blows. :(

Just glad they didn't steal my airbrush and compressor, although a new one of each would have been nice  O0

I don't get people who steal others people's stuff let alone break into their homes.

There are some F'D people in this world.

BanzaiCat

I'd suggest getting security cameras for the house...they're pretty cheap and easy to install/monitor. I did it a couple of years ago. Fortunately no issues thus far...for the most part.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Silent Disapproval Robot

Played a little Armada today.  I decided to experiment and try fielding an Imperial fleet using typical Rebel build strategies.  As such, I went with nothing but small, fast ships and a decent fighter screen.   the Rebel player responded in kind and put out a Rebel fleet based on just a few big, bruiser ships as one usually sees from the Imperial side.

It worked fairly well for the Imperials but I ended up losing on points in the end although that was due mainly to me making some poor choices early on rather than the build itself.  For such small ships, the Arquitens light cruisers pack a pretty deadly broadside.  They were able to take down an Mc80 Liberty Cruiser on the final turn.  My opponent also had some horseshoes in his posterior because his anti-squadron attacks were amazingly accurate.  Tore my TIE squads to shreds!

I ended up losing my light carrier and all seven of my TIE squadrons but my three remaining capital ships were all in decent shape right up until the end.  In return, I took out a heavy cruiser, an A-Wing squad, and X-Wing squads.

trailrunner

Starting to label my Hozan storage containers.

mirth

Much better pics from the Battle of Lech. These were taken by the gamemaster

Nice view of the entire table

Swedish setup in the fortifications

Imperial Tercios advancing on the fortifications

Imperials beginning the assault

Imperial Tercio that broke into the fortifications. Across the river is the Swedish unit it pushed out of the fortifications. After the game, we determined that the Swedish unit should have been destroyed instead of retreated across the river. The river was impassable except at a couple of fords and the game rules only allow retreats to made straight back, so the unit would have routed and been removed from play. It didn't really affect the outcome (would have been a few more VPs for the Swedes) and was one of those minor goofs that invariably happen over the course of a game.

BanzaiCat

mirth

To be clear, it's not mine. I'm just lucky enough to play on it. The guy lives right down the street from me too.