it's Friday, what's going on your table this weekend?

Started by GJK, May 04, 2012, 09:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

I'm picking up my boys after school today and hoping to get an ASL SK scenario on the table. I watched an episode of "Greatest Tank Battles" last night via Netflix so I'm anxious to play something with some AFV's in it.

I also watched Joe Steadman's "Intro to Up Front" YouTube video so that had me interested in breaking out my copy of that game and perhaps finally learning how to play a basic scenario of that. 

What's going on your game table this weekend?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

I'm hoping to get a game of something over at Gamer's Armory this weekend.  Maybe Manouevre?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DV8

I was fortunate to get a Flames of War and ASL game in this afternoon. The joys of working from home.

Family soccer will dominate the balance of the weekend.  5 matches total!
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

bayonetbrant

woot!  My copy of Mage Knight is in!  I think I know what's hitting the table this weekend :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 04, 2012, 08:36:30 PM
woot!  My copy of Mage Knight is in!  I think I know what's hitting the table this weekend :)

Oooooo...I'm still mulling whether to get that or not. Let us know how it is!

TheCommandTent

Played a couple games of 'Zombies!!!' last night.  Tonight probably some C&C Ancients or Combat Commander
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mirth

Actually at a Con this weekend. Ran a 28mm gladiators game last night. Playing some 15mm WW2 tonight. Running another game on Sunday. Drinking beer throughout.

An excellent weekend!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

I took the bait on Orion - Dino Beatdown. Tried to get into a few multiplayer servers and just had problems. Buggy. The solo play was OK, but this is supposed to be a coop multiplayer game against the AI a la Left 4 dead. Right now I'd say it needs some patching before you buy, even at $8.

Sorry, thought this was the PC gaming thread.

I finally assembled my Fallshirmjaeger company. Got the glued to the bases. Next step: priming.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Arctic Blast

Hmmmm...was hoping to play Game of Thrones, but that's out since everyone's busy tonight. I'll break out something solo and play for a bit. Haven't played Defenders of the Realm for awhile, so I'm leaning that way.

GJK

We actually got some Up Front on the table. I had owned a copy of the game for some time but had never even read the rules. We played Scenario A and had a great time.  The FOW is unlike any other board wargame that uses a map and it's frustrating at times and pure joy at others; all depending in what you and your opponent has in their hand.  Highly recommend playing if you know somebody with a copy - or print your own with the updated artwork. (see Joe Steadman's videos for Up Front on YouTube and linked on boardgamegeek.com). 
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bob48

Still solid TW Shogun 2 for me, although I may well do a few WaW scenario's tomorrow, since its a bank holiday here in the UK.

Much depends on what 'She-who-must-be-obeyed' decides what I want to do with me day orf, innit?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GJK

Women and jobs.  Why must they get in the way of our gaming time????   >:(
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 04, 2012, 08:54:21 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 04, 2012, 08:36:30 PM

Oooooo...I'm still mulling whether to get that or not. Let us know how it is!

+1.

I've heard it's like a "lite Magic Realm" which, to me, is a good thing.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Double Deuce

Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2012, 01:19:19 AMI've heard it's like a "lite Magic Realm" which, to me, is a good thing.

Hmm, similar to Magic Realm you say. I might have to check this game out. I still have my copy of Magic Realm somewhere, not sure all the pieces are there though. Would be a long time since that box was opened.

LongBlade

I got a bunch of Flames of War minis filed & trimmed, based, and primed.

Used a can of Army Painter combo Primer/basecoat. It was the ghoul green or something. Not exactly official German WWII color but not a bad base coat from which to build. Since I wasn't doing anything with my Warhammer Fantasy Vampire Counts I figured I might as well use the primer for Flames rather than have it sit around another year unused. Actually, it's not a bad color for a light green.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.