The Kickstarting Board Games Thread

Started by son_of_montfort, February 15, 2012, 11:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

I'm going to start a new thread to discuss any and all Kickstarter projects for upcoming board games. Check in for new stuff!

First one:

Gunship: First Strike

This looks really really tasty! A space ship fighting game where you customize your gunship and then duel it out against enemy gunships, fighters, and the carrier. It looks pretty innovative, I particularly like the customization element. The game is already fully funded, but you have 45 days to get in on this and get some extra goodies.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

TheCommandTent

Thanks for the thread.  It will be nice to hear about these projects as now I only hear about them after they are long over with.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bayonet_Chris

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 15, 2012, 11:44:37 AM
I'm going to start a new thread to discuss any and all Kickstarter projects for upcoming board games. Check in for new stuff!

First one:

This looks really really tasty! A space ship fighting game where you customize your gunship and then duel it out against enemy gunships, fighters, and the carrier. It looks pretty innovative, I particularly like the customization element. The game is already fully funded, but you have 45 days to get in on this and get some extra goodies.

That does look pretty cool. I'll have to look into that.

MengJiao

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 15, 2012, 11:44:37 AM

First one:

Roads to Moscow.  Should be out this year.  GMT games.  Uses the Roads to Leningrad system (no kidding).

Apparently Roads to Moscow will feature a version of the battle at Mozhansk.  I've seen two earlier versions of this:
Stand and Die.  A great game
and Borodino '41 -- probably a good game, but I was spoiled by Stand and Die.