A horror TV series for Gus

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, October 24, 2020, 02:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

Hahaha I was sold just after the first minute mark when he mentioned 'the worst artistic drought in TV history.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

"I'm not Jesus Christ.  I've come to accept that."

Gusington

I don't know what the hell I just watched but I watched the entire episode and have to admit I enjoyed myself.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

So you're saying you were able to put conventional logic aside?

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Are these Matt Berry and Richard Ayoade of The IT Crew fame?

EDIT: Yep!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397150/

JasonPratt

{walk to the mark}
{stop}
{turn}{stoop down}{reach out}
{wait}
{production guy tosses cat onto the ground}
{stoop to pet cat}

I managed not to laugh until that point, but I was very entertained nonetheless.

"Joined by best buddy Dr. Lucien Sanchez (Todd Rivers), fiery hospital boss Thornton Reed (Dean Learner), and woman Liz Asher (Madeleine Wool)..."  :DD
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

The best parts for me aren't even the obvious 'production glitches' and ineptitudes. It's the subtle ones.

Sometimes they go back and forth between subtle and obvious for the same gag: for example, there's a running gag about the boom mic not being close enough or aimed correctly to pick up an actor's lines (even though they should be close enough anyway) and so the actor has to re-dub them later in post-production editing, which is jussssst different enough in tone and spatial echo and such to realize what's happening. Then after several of those on random occasions, a completely different actor randomly redubs a shot the mic operator didn't pick up.  :notworthy:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Another example of a subtle production 'flub': the camera is backtracking the doctor as he strolls through a hospital corridor (dollying along in front of him, looking back toward him). He rounds a corner as an extra stroll past behind him from screen-left. As he and the camera move along though, we see that the set back there just has a window in the corner with no bench: the 'hospital visitor' was walking in from nowhere!  :2funny:

Some of the humor really goes to my old broadcast communication heart.  :smitten: