The Winter War movie for sale.

Started by airboy, September 07, 2020, 06:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I have a copy of The Winter War (Talvisota) Movie.  It was discussed here earlier and I got a copy from Korea and watched it. 

It was very good with very large battle scenes depicting Russian Human Wave Attacks and other things on the Russian-Finnish War starting in the Winter of 1939.  The movie is long and runs 195 minutes over two disks.

The dialogue is in Finnish with English and Korean subtitles available.

I've enjoyed it but don't plan to watch it again.  My local movie/war buddies here have also watched it.

I bought it for $20 (shipping included) from Korea.  I'm willing to sell it for $10 (including shipping via US media mail) to someone in the USA.

If interested, please PM me.  If there is no interest, I'll donate it.

Boggit

I've got it and it is a very good movie.

If you enjoyed it I recommend Talvisota - The Winter War, based on the story of Finnish reservists fighting on the Mannerheim line and Ambush 1941 (Finnish Continuation War).

1944 - Forced to Fight is also a very good one about the Estonian Waffen SS and the Estonian Soviet troops. It is one of those films that show just how fragmented things had become in Estonian society following the Soviet invasion. It makes a point that the Estonian SS for the most part were not Nazi's but nationalist patriots trying to revenge themselves on the Soviets for the oppression done to them under Soviet occupation. An Estonian wishing to fight the Soviets could only do so by joining the Waffen SS because the Heer did not accept them as non Germans (silly I know). A good action film focusing on the Narva battle and the drive for Tallinn.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat