Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreb

Yeah, graphics isn't my usual driving factor. I actually like the look of AB as I do tigers on the hunt, although the latter could certainly use some UI improvements. The thing that makes MF a gem for me, besides the realistic nature of the combat, is the little things they add that make it shine for me. Such as illumination rounds. In the evening battle I am playing now I am laying waste to their forward positions while some AT assets are trying to hit me from far away. What does the AI do? They fire illuminating rounds and light up my forces. Too damn cool.

I think I have to fire up AB again. It's been a while. I gave a glowing review of it when it was new and, like you, I struggle with modern platforms. Just updated AB. Looks like a lot has been done since I last played.

When dongles fly? - mirth

Moreb

Fired up AB a minute ago. I love the look of it. Man I wish it was WWII.

al_infierno

Reinstalled MF because of these screenies.  Hopefully this time I actually sink my teeth into it.  Thanks for posting!

AB is a fantastic game and I agree it'd be even better if it were WWII.  Helicopter waypoints are a pain in the ass to use anyways.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

-budd-

looks like it will take awhile for AB to get to WW2, unless someone mods it. One thing i can't remember is how to get the helicopters to move to the second BP from BP1. I do enjoy the wide range of equipment years, I play a lot of times in the 60's, but it is fun to play with the high tech gear of the late 80's and 90 & 91 every now and then. There's a mod database that covers 91-2020 for US and Russia in the mod forum.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Moreb

Quote from: al_infierno on July 29, 2019, 08:30:33 PM
Reinstalled MF because of these screenies.  Hopefully this time I actually sink my teeth into it.  Thanks for posting!

AB is a fantastic game and I agree it'd be even better if it were WWII.  Helicopter waypoints are a pain in the ass to use anyways.

Try the button on the bottom right of the main screen to get into the game. At first you will be limited to the simplified order system (5 hours) but it will give you a feel for the game.

al_infierno

Quote from: Moreb on July 29, 2019, 10:22:51 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on July 29, 2019, 08:30:33 PM

Try the button on the bottom right of the main screen to get into the game. At first you will be limited to the simplified order system (5 hours) but it will give you a feel for the game.

Thanks!  Will do that.

The point-based mode (Come and See or Come Into Battle or whatever it's called  ;D) sounds pretty cool too, I didn't know they added that.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Moreb

It may even be called Close Engagement Mode?  :-\  Share a screen if you get a chance F12

Budd, I look forward to eventual WWII mode. Those mods sound great.

MOS:96B2P

A Southeast Asia mod for Combat Mission Shock Force 2. 

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Moreb

The modding communities that have always been around are one of the main reasons why I am a computer gamer. I'm always amazed at the amount of talent and drive that is out there doing things for the love of it.

Sir Slash

Rome 2 with the DEI mod. Roman Principates engage the Carthage's Heavy Infantry while the Triarii close-in for the kill from behind.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cool screenshot of Rome 2.  I have this game (no mods) but never really found the time to get into it properly.  More games than time I guess........

Skoop

I would get shockforce 2 just for the Vietnam mod.

Skoop

More of the Southeast Asia mod for Combat Mission Shock Force 2.

HUEY DOWN!!!   ;D