Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot lead and dirty talk!

That's what I meant by the negative vibes comment, woof, woof.

I appreciate ALL who have contributed to this thread, and I'm especially grateful for Stars link to that "photo verified losses" page. (I cant think of the name right now) I look at the photos from that site daily. I just wish for you to stop getting so defensive when you don't agree with someone. (and i love to bust balls just like you do). We ALL lose if you get banned from this thread and especially if this thread gets shut down. I read it several times a day and find it more informative than any other news site.

Here is my contribution. https://pulitzercenter.org/stories/among-ukraines-foreign-fighters.

I don't know anything about that website but its an interesting article. Their heart might be in the right place, but the reality of war is hard to comprehend unless you've lived it. (I have not). One thing I can agree on, in a war where both sides are taking heavy losses, you will have troops on both sides saying the same things.
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Hot lead and dirty talk!

I forgot to mention our guy who volunteered to go over there (Maybe DetCord is his name?) I hope he is having a better go at it than some of these volunteers.

I pray for your safe return, bother grog. Stay safe, praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on March 28, 2022, 03:24:45 PM

Less of an itch?  So it seems like Ukraine is less of an existential metaphysical itch than it was when the Patriarch gave the matter some metaphysical thought.  Ukraine is
apparently no longer a metaphysical itch that only nukes can scratch (I guess since it is bigger than Chechenya or Aleppo or something and therefore no really all that metaphysical
when you think about it and it starts blowing up your actual stuff?):

Kremlin spokesman: Russia would only use nuclear weapons when there is a threat to the country's existence
From CNN's Sophie Jeong

Russia would only use nuclear weapons when there is a threat to the country's existence — and not as a result of the ongoing war in Ukraine, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told PBS Newshour in an interview Monday.

"Any outcome of the operation (in Ukraine), of course, is not a reason for usage of a nuclear weapon," Peskov said. "We have a security concept that very clearly states that only when there is a threat for existence of the state, in our country, we can use and we will actually use nuclear weapons to eliminate the threat for the existence of our country."

Pete Dero

Quote from: MengJiao on March 29, 2022, 06:01:48 AM

Less of an itch?  So it seems like Ukraine is less of an existential metaphysical itch than it was when the Patriarch gave the matter some metaphysical thought.  Ukraine is
apparently no longer a metaphysical itch that only nukes can scratch (I guess since it is bigger than Chechenya or Aleppo or something and therefore no really all that metaphysical

Kremlin spokesman: Russia would only use nuclear weapons when there is a threat to the country's existence
From CNN's Sophie Jeong

Russia would only use nuclear weapons when there is a threat to the country's existence — and not as a result of the ongoing war in Ukraine, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told PBS Newshour in an interview Monday.

"Any outcome of the operation (in Ukraine), of course, is not a reason for usage of a nuclear weapon," Peskov said. "We have a security concept that very clearly states that only when there is a threat for existence of the state, in our country, we can use and we will actually use nuclear weapons to eliminate the threat for the existence of our country."

Now I am reassured.  After all, we have not yet been able to catch the Russians in a lie  ;).

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 29, 2022, 07:17:34 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on March 29, 2022, 06:01:48 AM

From CNN's Sophie Jeong

Now I am reassured.  After all, we have not yet been able to catch the Russians in a lie  ;).

The war seems to be winding down a little.  We haven't heard much about what a metaphysical problem Ukraine is.  It's possible the itch is easing on its own after the itchiness proved to
be capable of offering a defense.  You can't scratch what you can't reach and you can't nuke an itch that shoots back, maybe?

Gusington

Jesus JH and I go away for a bit and the negative waves pour forth. Is everyone cool now?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Everybody is  Fonzi.

What's Fonzi?

Gusington

I am certainly not Fonzi. More like Arnold.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Hot lead and dirty talk!

I actually tried to call SOME of you guys cool.

But alas, you nerds never let me down!  :coolsmiley:

W8taminute

^Haha!

I like to think that I keep myself in reserve.  In case the Germans mount a counterattack against Paris or even New York.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Anything's possible these days.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-forces-driven-away-from-kyiv-as-ukraine-regains-territory-and-kills-top-commander-colonel-denis-kurilo?ref=home?ref=home

Russian Forces Driven Away From Kyiv as Ukraine Regains Territory and Kills Top Commander

It also comes as the Ukrainian military announced several territorial gains, with the northeastern town of Trostyanets liberated from Russian troops and several areas outside Kyiv reported back in the hands of Ukraine. The military said territories in the Chernihiv region were also liberated.

The mayor of the town of Irpin outside Kyiv—which has been decimated by Russian bombs as Putin's troops sought a foothold over the Ukrainian capital—said Russian forces had been completely pushed out.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia-claims-it-will-pull-back-troops-to-boost-trust-with-ukraine?ref=home?ref=home

Russia Claims It Will Pull Back Troops to Boost 'Trust' With Ukraine

Russia's Defense Ministry on Tuesday announced plans to drastically reduce "military activity" in two key Ukrainian regions in a bid to boost "mutual trust" with Ukraine following peace talks. Citing negotiations on an agreement for Ukraine to officially take on a neutral, "non-nuclear" status, Deputy Defense Minister Aleksander Fomin said "it was decided to drastically, exponentially, reduce military activity" in the Kyiv and Chernihiv regions in order to facilitate the signing of such an agreement.

Same situation, different views.

I don't care how the Russians explain it, but for the first time I see an opening towards a solution and to end this war.

Gusington

'Mutual trust'? That's a good one.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Gus, that's a good clip.  Mr. Miyagi sure came a long ways in a single generation, didn't he?