Star Trek: Renegades

Started by Martok, April 08, 2015, 04:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 09, 2015, 12:58:15 PM
I still want to grope whores and touch myself randomly throughout the day. There's really no difference between teenage men and senior citizen men, apparently.

Slightly better decision making as an old man. Until senility sets in. Then no difference, but you get more of a pass on the behavior.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 09, 2015, 12:06:28 PM
I'm so old, I remember grease pencils and plastic folders.

I still have all of those.  :smitten:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Centurion40

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 09, 2015, 12:08:47 PM
You're not old. I remember SFB well. I hated that game because the one friend that wanted to always play it, always wanted to play the Gorn with their tracking plasma torpedoes o' death.

Methinks that we might know the same people.  Did you know the Kzinti "Bore You to Death by Drones" dude too?
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 09, 2015, 01:08:53 PM
Did you know the Kzinti "Bore You to Death by Drones" dude too?

That guy was such a pussy!

BanzaiCat

I never played with Kzinti. I think I almost always did Klingon or Fed ships. My friend got the Andromedan expansion once and we tried that, but those ships were even more insane.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 09, 2015, 12:06:28 PM
I'm so old, I remember grease pencils and plastic folders.

Me too! In fact I think I still have my copy of the game...somewhere.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

bbmike

It doesn't look like the one below does it (like mine)? If so, you could be a geezer too.  ;D

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Oh, the SSDs are still similar.   But the amount of game phases have been cut down in Federation Commander and some of the less important time-wasting mechanics removed (like ECM/ECCM).  Still the same mechanics, just pared down to a more reasonable level.  ;)  You also don't have to plot much at the start of the turn, other than base speed, leaving many power allocation decisions to be done during the 8 impulses.

Also has two different scales to make playing larger fleet actions take less time.  This SSD is the regular Squadron scale, Fleet scale is approximately half the amount of boxes, weapons, etc.

Note:  This is a "Middle Years" era CA so it doesn't have tertiary armaments such as Ph-3s and Drone racks, like others do.

WallysWorld

The film has been released:  http://startrekrenegades.com/home/

Admiral Pavel Chekov. Just like he answered Kirk in Star Trek IV.  O0
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

mirth

Quote from: WallysWorld on August 27, 2015, 11:55:22 AM
The film has been released:  http://startrekrenegades.com/home/

Admiral Pavel Chekov. Just like he answered Kirk in Star Trek IV.  O0

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up!

mirth

That was not very good. I gave up after 30 minutes.

Staggerwing

The story was pretty lame but I still enjoyed watching some of the more seasoned actors work with what they had. TBH, the whole thing was not as bad as some of the weaker offerings from TNG or Voyager.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Too many cliched lines and story tropes. The VFX were okay and yes, the veteran actors were good. I just couldn't take watching them in the same scenes with the fanfic wannabees. The premise is solid, but it didn't deliver. Here's hoping Axanar is better.

Pinetree

Wasn't too impressed with Renegades. Prelude to Axanar, however, I've watched twice. The acting was top-notch and it had a very gritty feel to it. Hopefully the full film is just as good.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."